Bearded Dragon, UVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just wanted to reassure information on UVB lighting... should I get a higher wattage than 15 if the beardies are 12 inches from the actual bulb? Thanks; I just read some information a day ago that seemed to cross with the information I've been using steadily for a bit...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What size tank ? What are you getting or using now? Brand and bulb? Are you upgrading ?
Karrie

SavannahDragons

Original Poster
It's a 45-gallon tank, and it's relatively tall. I have a reptile hammock and branch on the UVB side of the enclosure so that sitting on it, the beardie would be 12 inches from the bulb. I am using the ZooMed Repti Basking Reptile Spot Lamp, 100 watts. I'm not upgrading any time soon, though when my savannah monitor's outgrow their 75 gallon, which will be in the next year to year and a half, the beardie's will adopt their old cage.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What is the brand and bulb of the UVB? T 5 or a T 8 ? Coil or tube?
Karrie

SavannahDragons

Original Poster
Oh, sorry about that. I put in the UVB brand and bulb... huh. I use a ZooMed Reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb, not the long bulb, but the compact one. I'm so sorry about that; I guess I accidentally deleted the UVB sentence and didn't notice. :lol:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get rid of the coil compact bulb they are inadequate------- you want this fixture for your tank
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesale-reptile-hoods-domes-fixtures/1884-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html it comes w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it for a back up they are great for smaller tanks like a 20-30 gallon-- you want to order this bulb for your 45 gallon tank
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/t5-uvb-bulbs/1878-reptisun-100-uvb-t5-ho-fluorescent-bulb-22-zoo-med.html
At this time this place is the only one I know of that has them in stock for fixtures --- you can call them to see how fast they are shipping they are out of CA I beleive
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom