Phoenix Worm Madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwi11iams

Here's the deal...

I used to think that Mr. Pink liked live crickets. With live crickets, I never had to monitor his eating, until now. My shipment of Phoenix worms just arrived (ABDRAGONS Live Black Soldier Fly Larvae) and now I know how Mr. Pink eats when he REALLY LIKES live food. Mr. Pink went so batshit crazy eating these Phoenix worms I had to use the 'ten-minute feeding cutoff rule' on him. Mr. Pink is really full right now and I don't even think he remembers what a cricket is anymore. :shock:

~Gregory Williams

108728-8073376822.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad he enjoyed them =). They definitely go nuts for their favorite treats. Hornworms in the case of my dragon. It's fun to be able to offer something they enjoy so much.

gwi11iams

Original Poster
Cooper,

Hornworms are physically big and expensive! I will definitely treat Mr. Pink to hornworms, periodically, but he has to grow a little more, which is happening quickly. These Phoenix worms are solid gold and I can't keep them out of Mr. Pink's mouth. :lol:

~Gregory Williams

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah BSFL are definitely a good way to go with the little guys. The hornworms are expensive but make a good treat for adult dragons who can chew them down easily.

gwi11iams

Original Poster
Cooper,

That is awesome. Here in Tucson, hornworms are naturally occurring and they are BIG. They are very destructive to gardens and other structured growth because of their large size but I have a bearded dragon that will be happy to gobble them all up! :D

~Gregory Williams

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You want to be careful not to offer the wild ones. They can be problematic due to eating tomato plants I believe.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
CooperDragon":icu9j3tc said:
You want to be careful not to offer the wild ones. They can be problematic due to eating tomato plants I believe.
Yup, Definitely don't feed the wild ones! In the wild they eat the leaves of the tomato plant, which is very toxic. Mr pink would not enjoy a hornworm filled with toxic tomato leaves!

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom