Possible Yellow fungus? Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like my beardies beard and right under it are yellow. Her feet seem a little discolored too. She just finished shed and I thought it would go away with it but it didn't. I read about yellow fungus and I wanted to see if anyone had ideas before I spent hundreds at the vet. I was thinking about starting her on a betadine bath and anti-fungal cream ASAP but again I wanted to see if that was the right thing to do and If so what brand for those are the best? please help!! I want to catch It early if this is YF
108993-6544221672.jpg
108993-3458289383.jpg
108993-9337882534.jpg
108993-580101912.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Very cute little one there. :D
The yellowish pigmentation is normal. A lot of them tend to develop that coloration on their
beards especially. The feet & hands look fine to me as well.
Has she been shedding recently on the hands & feet too?
How old is she?

Tracie

myagregory1

Original Poster
Drache613":dvau3423 said:
Hello,

Very cute little one there. :D
The yellowish pigmentation is normal. A lot of them tend to develop that coloration on their
beards especially. The feet & hands look fine to me as well.
Has she been shedding recently on the hands & feet too?
How old is she?

Tracie

Oh good, I'm glad that's normal thank you! She shed her hands and feet about a week and a half ago. I usually monitor her shedding very closely but I was on vacation so my only information comes from my dad who was taking care of her. He said she shed well though.
The place where I got her never gave me a certain age but based on her size (about 14.5 in) I think shes about 5 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom