Should I buy this baby beardy (Black spot on its tail?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Hi, I'm really interested in getting a beardy but I'm a first-time reptile buyer so I'm not too sure what I should be on the look out for.

I found a craigslist posting for a beardy with an enclosure included for $150, but the beardy has a black spot on it's tail. My first thought is tail rot or fungus. :( These are the images they provided:
00M0M_d2hf8lFI4mb_0ew0jm_600x450.jpg

00T0T_gUe42RtzLPZ_0ew0jm_600x450.jpg

00f0f_3ydkCr45NiY_0aT0jm_1200x900.jpg

What do you guys think?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I feel bad for the baby-- we need Tracie or ahbd to look at it--- I will flag Tracie she's on at nite
Karrie

Sol

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3blleqjc said:
I feel bad for the baby-- we need Tracie or ahbd to look at it--- I will flag Tracie she's on at nite
Karrie

Thank you. Appreciate it. I've seen a couple more for sale and they all look like this. I hope it's nothing serious.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Ask the breeder what it is. Many breeders mark that area to keep track of what clutch it came from or sex it is, etc.

Sol

Original Poster

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah those look like numbers, maybe 7 + 9. It's how they try to keep track of each baby.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it looks like the breeder has marked the baby. It doesn't look like fungus or any
type of rot to me though.
Otherwise, the baby appears healthy.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom