Beardie shooting water from eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolinios

I had just finished giving my beardie Cash a bath, when I put him back in his tank he started to stretch his eyes. (making them bulge) It's not abnormal for him to do this after a bath but I still decided to watch him and make sure everything was ok, (also because I think the whole process is super interesting and cool) suddenly, a little stream of water shot out of his eye. It shot almost all the way across his 40-gallon tank. I've been searching the internet for the past 15 minutes trying to figure out why it happened but there is literally NOTHING talking about it. If anybody has any idea as to why this happened please let me know, I'm pretty freaked out.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Never heard of this -- some one else on the forum like AHBD or Tracie the vet tech would need to answer
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is very odd! I sure wish that you could have gotten a picture or video of that.
Did that happen when he was bulging his eye?
He may have gotten some water in his eye during the bath, but, I can't guarantee that.
I don't think I have ever seen or heard of a case like that.
Is he acting normally other than that incident?

Tracie

Kolinios

Original Poster
Thank you for the reply, Tracie! Yes, it did happen while he was bulging his eyes, and yes he did get some water in his eyes during the bath. Right after it happened he seemed to be just as confused as I was about the whole thing :lol: but then he just went right back to his normal self. Its the next day, and he's still acting normal and happy!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well that is definitely strange but most likely what happened.
I can't imagine how odd that had to look with water coming out of his eye!
So he is back to normal now? That is good. Maybe he was just trying to keep you
entertained! :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom