Baby not eating as much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike2020

just got a new beardie 3 days ago. So far he seems healthy, active, curious. But when I feed him he will only eat 5 or 6 crickets or meal worms at a time. Then he just stops caring wont go after anymore. Is this normal? Why won't he eat more at once? Is it just because he's in a new surrounding?

He is around 2 months old
I have one basking bulb
One mercury vapor bulb
75 gallon tank
Basking spot gets to around 115 at the hottest spot, middle of the terrarium is 90 and the opposite end of the basking lamp is around 80

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the brand and wattage of the MVB --- and where in the tank is it -- How far from the basking spot is the MVB -- some of those bulbs require another UVB as well as they dont give off enough UVB -- I would not think you need two basking bulbs and 115 is too hot for a basking temp - I am sure hes not sitting at that spot long - I would get it down to no more than 110-- hes eating is good for a new dragon he will go thru relocation stress so its good he is eating -- its when they quit eating all together you need to get concerned -- are you taking basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer or a infrared heat gun ? NO stick ons they are inaccurate for basking temps
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom