Kinda worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
Cersei has been sleeping in her box hide for the last two days. And she does this on and off. She'll ben in there for a day, then up on her basking tree the next, then in her box again. And she doesn't eat when she's in her box. It's almost brumation habit, but she's awake most of the time, and as the picture below shows, when I lift the lid of her box she's alert. I'm just worried she's not getting the heat (because her hide is on the cool side of her tank), or the UV that she needs, and like I said she's not eating when she's in there. Should I be worried? Is it common behavior during the summer, cause I know it's winter in Australia where they're from. Should I let her be or should I try and get her to sit in her basking spot?
108046-7666910556.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like a light brumation cycle. She looks OK in the photo and if she does come out now and then and isn't losing much weight I'd just let her do her thing. They all tend to go into brumation a little differently, to different extents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom