Baby Bearded Dragon Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I’m out of crickets and petsmart is still sold out so till Tomorrow I’m feeding some freeze dried crickets but soon as my money comes in I’m going to start order roaches and crickets online. This coronavirus is getting annoying.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your crickets will die off pretty quickly I would get a 10 gallon tank ready for the roaches w/ some dubia food which you can order w/ the roaches -- currently dubia roaches is not shipping but you can get them from reptilianarts.com I would order like 200 at a time -- they will fit in the 10 gallon aquarium ---
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I take it you have a big enough container for them -- thats a lot--- you want him eating greens too -- that will slow down once hes a year old or so --- he should get cut down to 2-3 times per week -- mine only eats about 3-4 large roaches now but he is also fed silk worms and salad and worms

Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I just wanted to say that he/she is looking good and it sounds like you're doing a good job handling everything, esp. the hassle of getting live food. :) Try to avoid the freeze dried crickets , use only a few at a time and be sure he's well hydrated. BTW if you'd like to post a couple pics of him with tail arched up high like in this article I can probably tell you the gender.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Now I’m officially freaking out cause petsmart still doesn’t have crickets and my backup store is closed till August 3rd. I could use what little I have and order some but it wouldn’t get here in time.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You cannot rely on those chain stores for your food supply - I posted websites for you to order on line -- did you get dubia roaches? Is he eating salads now? Have you fed him any worms like silk or small super or BSFL --
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He'll be O.K, he's not a baby anymore and between the freeze dried crickets and salad he'll be fine. You can also try a little scrambled egg, microwave for a minute, let cool and offer a bit at a time. Most beardies will eat some but don't give him the entire thing, it's rich and can give them a slight case of the runs. [ sometimes ] . But no need to worry, he'll be fine eating like that for a week or longer if need be. Another option is a bait store, you can check for waxworms + mealworms.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I found a pet store just now and got 100 crickets and 100 roaches. A little steep on price but worth it since I’m sure he is tired of crickets.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have good news and bad news. Bad news they sent me 1/4 instead of 1/2 roaches but they did accidentally send me some hornworms but I don’t know if they are too big for him or not cause I don’t know how to measure them since most worms have long bodys

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Show us a pic if him and the worms- the roaches he may just eat more of - if the horn worms are small he will be able to eat them but you will need to feed them like two at a time -
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom