Foster Dragon (Now a Foster fail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She now follows my hand around the cage if I’m not trying to touch her looking for food even if her food bowl has food.

If I move slowly I can touch her. To fast and I get a flare of her beard lol.

Her new worms arrived today. Two days early and thank god because damn she’s eating so much.

I also took 30 adult black solider flies and I’m attempting to breed them. I don’t know how well that will work out. My friends got a small compost garden at her house and has a small outdoor compost garden, and had a female black solider fly checking it out. Totally forgot they are native to my area.

She’s also chowing down her greens. Doesn’t turn up her nose at anything unlike Ziva.

44170-5585668152.jpg

I need to weigh her again tomorrow. I’m sure she’s over 40 grams by now.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
She looks like she's gotten a lot bigger next to that computer keyboard. Probably bigger since the last time I posted anything, too. They grow so fast when you're not looking. :)

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":1qovxnf3 said:
She looks like she's gotten a lot bigger next to that computer keyboard. Probably bigger since the last time I posted anything, too. They grow so fast when you're not looking. :)

A few days ago she weighed in at 62 grams.

A friend of mine gave me the repashy insectivore mix, so I’ve been giving her that along with her insects, and greens so she’s growing so so fast.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
We've got Repashy Grub Pie for our adult beardie, and we keep it around for emergencies in case we can't get live bugs -- the supplies here in Anchorage Alaska are a bit unreliable sometimes. It's the powder that you make into a gel and then you can cut it up into little wormy shapes. He loves the stuff and the only time he's ever bitten either one of us was when he got our fingers mixed up with the fake worms. In my case it was not serious -- didn't even break the skin.

Our reptile vet approves of Repashy products. I suppose they're especially good for helping little ones to grow. :blob5:

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":kj6vcs3h said:
We've got Repashy Grub Pie for our adult beardie, and we keep it around for emergencies in case we can't get live bugs -- the supplies here in Anchorage Alaska are a bit unreliable sometimes. It's the powder that you make into a gel and then you can cut it up into little wormy shapes. He loves the stuff and the only time he's ever bitten either one of us was when he got our fingers mixed up with the fake worms. In my case it was not serious -- didn't even break the skin.

Our reptile vet approves of Repashy products. I suppose they're especially good for helping little ones to grow. :blob5:

She loves her repashy. Even Ziva does and is eating more of it than anything else, she’s actually gaining weight on it. It’s great.

I just had to order more Black solider fly grub for Spitfire. She’s so hungry.

Thankfully dubiaroaches is having a sale still so it’s under $25 for 1k shipped

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I've never heard of a bearded dragon who didn't like Repashy Grub Pie once they get a taste of it. To me it smells like cricket poo, but apparently that's yummy to a beardie. :lol:

Sounds like Spitfire is determined to make up for lost time and grow as big as she can as soon as she can. :)

We're in the habit of buying roaches at the pet store in the little cups -- more expensive per quantity that way but for one beardie, buying them in bulk would get us too many, plus they're likely to arrive frozen to death if we try to ship them to Alaska in the winter. We often have to settle for crickets in bulk when the pet store is out of roaches, the only advantage being that crickets are cheaper. Roaches are way easier to take care of. As my husband says, "Crickets are slobs." :roll: As for Puff the "magic" (bearded dragon), he'll usually go for either one, but I think his favorite is hornworms (definitely not cheap, and they grow too big too fast if you try to keep too many of them for too long) whenever he can get them. Sometimes we splurge. :mrgreen: and he gobbles them up before they have a chance to grow too big. :wink:

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So life happened. Got busy, didn’t get a chance to update anyone. But Holy cow.

44170-2618727130.jpg
44170-4459113362.jpg
44170-9457857417.jpg

Where did my baby go!

I’m starting to thing she’s either food or cage aggressive if that’s even possible for a reptile. She’s a nightmare in her cage, but once she’s out she’s a lot better, and not as flighty anymore.

Sadly due to all the fires I can’t tank anyone out for natural sunshine.

She’s eating everything that goes into her bowl, bugs, greens, repashy mixes, my fingers....

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
44170-5875572874.jpg

Soooo yeah.. she uh.. she’s officially larger than Ziva in both length and weight, however Zivas head is still larger.

Where did my baby go

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So uh.. she got big. Really really big.

She’s still not exactly friendly but dang did she get big.

44170-1096562040.jpg

44170-4004112450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom