Beardie tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvally

I've had my bearded dragon since february. He's around 6 and a half ish months old now. Near when I first got him, his basking spot (a long bit of wood - like a large stick) fell on him. It hit his tail, but he didn't seem to be in any sort of discomfort or pain, it didn't bleed, all he really did was flinch. He's been perfectly normal, feeds well and everything, looks perfectly healthy. The impact left a little scar around the impact I think. I just want to know if it's something to see a vet about - I know it's a little late, but I've been keeping an eye on it to see if it get's any worse. Though it hasn't, I think it could benefit from a second opinion from someone with experience here?
Here's some pictures.
107050-2015143242.jpg
107050-5296554957.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The tail looks pretty healthy and normal to me. I don't see signs for concern. If there was no open wound after the basking log fell and there haven't been changes since then, it is probably safe to say it didn't cause any permanent damage.

Silvally

Original Poster
107050-2361183916.jpg

This is what it looks like now. From what I've heard, tail rot doesn't shed as it's necrosed. It shed and it looked like there was a bit of a scar of scales underneath. He can still feel it, and gives me dirty looks when I rub his tail, but I'm going to keep an eye on it - just in case.

Silvally

Original Poster
107050-3475477188.jpg
The tail shed again, this is what It looks like now. The darkened areas are in the same place I think.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It may not be anything serious but just in case something's brewing there get some betadine at the drug store to apply a couple times a day with a Q-tip. See if that makes a difference.

Silvally

Original Poster
Thanks for replying. Is that an American product? I live in Scotland and I don't really go to pharmacy's all that often so I'm not really familiar with things like that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You should be able to find a betadine solution -- ask the pharmacist when you go in telling them your looking for a betadine solution -- hospitals use it - its a disinfectant
Karrie

Silvally

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. I'll try to get some when I can - if I can't get any inside my pharmacy (it's usually pretty crap takes ages for them to get medications) is there a specific product on amazon I could get instead?

Silvally

Original Poster
Would you happen to know any specifically in the UK? I live in Scotland so it would be difficult to get things shipped over from America in a reasonable time period and cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom