Hiding and alot of digging

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well thats better than nothing -- is he doing any shedding ?
Karrie

Tia828

Original Poster
No it has been awhile. I will check and see when his last shed was. He was doing it every 3 weeks or so

Tia828

Original Poster
Mulberryfarms. I finally got an order! :) trying to find some silk worms to try. I know his last full shed for sure was May 4th. Had a partial shed June 21st. So it has been awhile. Thats weird.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
silk worms
www.coastalsilkworms.com they now have smalls and I dont remember if they come w/ food you need to check when looking to order
www.xyzretpiles.com they send smalls and fed ex so you have them in 2-3 days and they come w/ food
www.reptilianarts.com they send smalls in bulk like 50 and you need to get food to feed daily and clean containers out daily -- right now they are out
I just got some butter worms yesterday from mulberry farms too -
www.hornworms.com they are slow - I have a order coming from them and this is the first time I have ordered from them so dont know how the product is yet
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Take your butter worms and get some super worms and add to the salads- lure him to the bowl you can use your silk worms as well
Karrie

Tia828

Original Poster
I got some small superworms as well with my butterworm order. I will try to add them to his salad. I have tried the calcium powder with strawberry flavor and that has seemed to help some. I didnt order the hornworms this time because they grow so fast. But since he is starting to eat a little more I think i might.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Feed him 2 at at time on his salad along w/ your super and butter worms -- are you dusting the worms w/ calcium D3?
Karrie

Tia828

Original Poster
Thank you! Just order silks from coastal. Everywhere else has been out. I order from reptilesupply.com, reptillianarts, and dubiaroaches.com usually. But everyone has been out on and off of everything. Red is just not very interested in dubias... so maybe the silks will work.

Tia828

Original Poster
Yes I dust my worms. And his salad he ate a little yesterday due to the new calcium powder. He actually was basking and sitting in uvb light all day today until just now. So thats a nice improvement. Just went into hide and did a little digging. I'm going to have to get a different bowl if I'm putting worms and salad together lol.

Tia828

Original Poster
So today was Reds vet appointment. He did really well. He tried to escape his on the go carrier lol poped open the little part on top when the assistant walked away. He enjoyed his bath, they thought it was funny that he enjoys them. He pooped in the bath for them Yay!!! But he does have two parasites. They said the electrolyte soaks I was doing is what was helping him the most and was what was probably giving him an apatite. He loved the car ride :) Was mad when we got home and he had to have medicine ;( he hissed and lunged at my husband lol So Red is in his "room" giving us angry faces right now and puffing every time my husband walks by lol but it will be worth it when he is 100%. Also on a positive got his order of silkworms today. And I did figure out hornworms are most definitely his favorite.

Tia828

Original Poster
108110-9585037026.jpg
108110-5206035618.jpg
108110-4385103812.jpg
So update.... Red is doing amazing compared to 10 days ago. He is so rambunctious and playful. Also back to eating like a teenage boy lol. Still enjoys his weekly bath. Not digging and hiding anymore. Goes in hide very little like before. Looks like he is getting ready to shed finally. He has been puffing out in his "room". He has gained so much weight lol went from 124 g to 155g ? in just 10 days! Also he has learned how to somehow climb up to the windowsill and chill hanging on my curtains lol He also loves the silkworms... it works nice that they stick to everything lol he gets his veggies with them ? I will add his travel pic as well as a couple jyst because he is so dang cute ?
108110-8688908419.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom