Heart Broken and Destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
It is with a heavy heart that I report my baby boy has crossed over the rainbow bridge. I found him unresponsive in his hammock when I got home from work. I rushed to the vet who confirmed he was gone. I have no idea what happened but I’m completely numb and devastated. This little guy touched my heart in a way no other pet had and in a time I needed that. I’ll miss my little friend terribly.
107595-9432986876.jpg
. Love you always Mr Pickles.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
OMGoodness !!!!!!!!! What happened? I thought he was doing so good -- did the vet have any insight as to why he passed so suddenly? :cry:
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I know how this feels :( You gave Mr Pickles a good home and a good life which is better than a lot of them get. He was one of the lucky dragons. Thank you for that.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh man I'm so so sorry to hear this ! :( It's truly sad , especially after he seemed to have recovered from the overheating. I know you are devastated and my heart goes out to you .

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2d40jxdk said:
OMGoodness !!!!!!!!! What happened? I thought he was doing so good -- did the vet have any insight as to why he passed so suddenly? :cry:
Karrie
He was doing good. He was fine last night. He woke up fine this morning but when I got home he was gone. Vet really didn’t know. She guessed maybe a virus or maybe damage from the dehydration incident. Either way I’m shattered and feel so responsible for his passing. Probably no sleep tonight.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Heart break tends to do that - I know the feeling helplessness anger blame-- it all goes w/ grieving- again I am so sorry- if and when you decide on getting another one make sure you sanitize your tank before use again since your not exactly sure the cause -- :(
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Oh no! ?
It was so obvious from your posts the love you had for your boy. You were lucky to have each other.
I am so sorry. ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so very sorry that you lost your boy so unexpectedly. :cry:
You loved him so much & I am positive that he felt how much you loved him. I know
that doesn't make you feel any better, only time will help a little.

My condolences.
Tracie

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey all. Sorry I went dark but I'm still heart broken over Pickles death and seeing photos of all your awesome dragons made it worse. So I talked to the shop I got Pickles from and told him about the little guy and found out some interesting facts I wasn't given beforehand. Pickles was older than I thought. He was 8+ years old. I also found out (from the store employee) he was surrendered because he was having health issues. He was healthy at the time I got him but I guess he had some health issues before I got him but he cost the original owners some serious bucks in vet costs. Don't know what the health problems were but I guess they were many. Little pissed the guy at the store I dealt with didn't disclose this to me (I would have taken him anyway). But the store owner (who has since fired this person) has me on his list to adopt one of the adult beardie surrenders he has just gotten (just waiting on Vet workup to come back).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I understand --- people get attached to them and its terrible when we lose them-- they should have disclosed the medical issues w/ you when adopting -- glad your going to go ahead and get another lets hope this one is not as unhealthy as pickles was --- but at least you gave pickles a good life while he was here that is what counts -- :)
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom