Hiding and alot of digging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tia828

Original Poster
UVB is delayed of course,it was supposed to be here tomorrow. I am going to try and go to a lager town and see if they carry them. My local pet store is tiny. He is 4.4 oz and is now 12.5 in long. So he grew in length in the last 2 weeks. He is super active and playful when out of his tank but can't even get him to eat by hand feeding. I got fresh everything and have even tried a couple new things.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok - I am hoping it's the UVB that causing lack of eating-- is he shedding or look like shed coming on
Karrie

Tia828

Original Poster
It has been a little bit since he shed last and he was doing the weird eye bulging/puffing out thing. So maybe.
If need be I did find a reptile vet about 35 minutes from my house .

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok let's go w/ the getting UVB in and see what his behavior does- his digging and hiding is throwing me off -- especially as young as he is and all the time-
Karrie

Tia828

Original Poster
So have been taking him outside everyday. Just got the new UVB bulb today finally. I'm going to order an extra bulb to have a back up. He finally ate 2 dubias today that were dusted. I got some new fruits and veggies and fingers crossed the light helps. He lost .1 oz. He was at 4.4 oz now at 4.3oz. Gave a bath to make sure he is getting hydrated plus he likes the swimming. I ordered the zoo med electrolyte soak to try and help give him a boost. He is full of energy when out of his tank but still wanting to sleep/dig a lot in his cave. Was doing a little basking yesterday and today. He is definitely enjoying the extra attention right now. I also got in a new cleaner by zoo med finally and recleaned EVERYTHING. last poop was 2 days ago but he also hasn't been eating until today.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so get the UVB in Idk what you ordered so I am gonna distances- T 5 on top of screen 8-10 inches from basking decor-- Inside the tank 12-15 inches from basking decor-- T 8 has to go inside the tank NO plastic cover over the bulb it needs to be 6-8 inches from basking decor--
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok good let's see what he does now-- hopefully no more hiding and digging- keep me posted-- his behavior should change right away if this was cause
Karrie

Tia828

Original Poster
Yay! He ate 4 dubia and 2 superworms! Also a little kale. He liked some of the other fruits and veggies but that's a lot better then yesterday ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so that's an improvement- what about the hiding ? Is he still doing alot of that or is he basking under the UVB?
Karrie

Tia828

Original Poster
So he is still digging and hiding some. Actually basking alot of the day now but back to not eating as much. Ate one roach yesterday. He is super active though so makes no sense. He did go back up in weight. From 4.3 to 4.4 oz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom