Meet Sunny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyFury

Meet Sunny! We got her/him two days ago. ? This is my first reptile. I'm so excited but scared because this little dragon is so teeny tiny right now. Wish us luck! I'm so happy I found this place.

108828-561143579.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome ---- if you have any questions about him please ask - if you would like to go over Sunnys tank set up please ask questions or post pics of his tank and lighting
Karrie

SunnyFury

Original Poster
KarrieRee":18qukplx said:
Welcome ---- if you have any questions about him please ask - if you would like to go over Sunnys tank set up please ask questions or post pics of his tank and lighting
Karrie

I actually learned how useless the coil uvb is so I already ordered a reptisun 5 HO 24" fixture and tube. His basking spot is 105 and cool side gets close to 90 which I use a temp gun for readings. He is still warming up to the place and not eating much but he is still eating which is great. I ordered more crickets and decided to try the bsfl since I heard great things about them. I hope he loves them. If I have any questions or concerns I will be sure to ask. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the 5.0 is ok but you will need to put it in the tank --- its not strong enough to go thru the screen - its more for aquarium use -- and I am so glad you caught that early on -- most people dont -- you need the 10.0 bulb - when you get the fixture it needs to go inside your tank approx 6-8 inches from basking decor - it needs to be directly overhead --- here are some things you can hang it w/ 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – long plastic zip ties-- fishing line -- potted plant wire hangers -- picture wire hangers -- basking temps are good -- cool side is too hot -- 80ish -- warm side or usually middle of tank 90's -- his eating will be slow as he adjust --- make sure your offering salads in the morning and use your BSFL to lure him --- dust the crickets w/ calcium D3 5 x per week once per feeding -- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding -- anymore questions please ask here is the nutrition website ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Karrie

SunnyFury

Original Poster
Thanks. I purchased the 10.0 bulb with it. The cool side is saying 83 right now and the basking spot is like 112 now I don't want it getting that warm. Should I get a stand for the light to raise it up. It's a 100 watt. Or switch it with a 75 maybe? Also she ate one little piece of salad and 6 crickets so far today. Hopefully she settles in and will eat more in the coming days. Thanks for your help.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It's good she's eating I would raise bulb if you can - you can try a 75 and if it will keep your basking temps 105-110 - she should start eating more when she's settled in - she's going thru relocation stress- keep us posted
Karrie

SunnyFury

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3dvzodms said:
It's good she's eating I would raise bulb if you can - you can try a 75 and if it will keep your basking temps 105-110 - she should start eating more when she's settled in - she's going thru relocation stress- keep us posted
Karrie

I moved her basking rock over just a hair, waiting and checked the temp again. It is reading about 104 now with about 90 in the middle and 83 at the cool side. I'll keep checking to make sure it doesn't climb back up. Its so funny being so proud of a little lizard eating it's food. It reminds me of when I fed my kids baby food for the first time. ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's always great feeling to see the tiny ones munching. :) Is Sunny from a breeder or store and how big is he ?

SunnyFury

Original Poster
AHBD":f146qpxt said:
It's always great feeling to see the tiny ones munching. :) Is Sunny from a breeder or store and how big is he ?

I got him from a friend who bred their Male and female. I believe this was her first and only clutch. Not sure if they will breed them again. The little one is only a month and a week old, about 4 1/2 inches. She is moving across the country so I think she had to let them go earlier than expected. But he seems very healthy and still eating well.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
:blob5: glad to hear -- she may slow down on the eating w/ relocation stress so dont be alarmed - but you do want her eating something :)
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
SunnyFury":33res8lz said:
I moved her basking rock over just a hair, waiting and checked the temp again. It is reading about 104 now with about 90 in the middle and 83 at the cool side. I'll keep checking to make sure it doesn't climb back up. Its so funny being so proud of a little lizard eating it's food. It reminds me of when I fed my kids baby food for the first time. ?

?I think the same thing, it's all about feeding and pooping, just like with an infant!

SunnyFury

Original Poster
Sunny is doing so good! He is eating like a champ probably over 20 very small crickets a day (it's hard to count those tiny things so I just toss them in and he goes to town). Still only eating a few teeny pieces of green a day but that's okay. I'm waiting for my bsfl to get here and I'll try that on his salad. And I'm pretty sure he fell asleep in my hand tonight. Or he is a great actor lol I'm going to start tracking his growth but I can tell that he has put on some weight and length now that he has all the food to himself lol

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Its good hes eating so well just do not leave those crickets in the tank over nite -- they will come out and bite him and cause a possible infection---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom