Restless Beardie???

Status
Not open for further replies.

juhason

Hello,
My female bearded dragon has been restless all day yesterday and today. She has laid three (infertile) clutches already and I honestly can not tell if this what is happening again. Her behavior is identical to when she is about to lay eggs.Her stomach/sides keeps expanding and contracting almost like she is in labor but it is not as intense as the last two times and she is restless. But she does not look full of eggs nor can I feel any. She also feels pretty light and when she is full of eggs she is noticeably heavier. I did put her in her lay box twice already and both times she spent all her time desperately trying to jump out, when normally she immediately starts digging. It seems like all she wants to do is run around aimlessly. It does not matter if she is in or out of her tank, she just keeps running around and trying to jump on and climb things. Does anyone have any ideas?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lighting has a big role in behavior -- can you tell us what your using for a UVB brand and bulb coil or tube and where in the tank is it --- basking temps what are they and how are you taking them - I am asking since you have already gone over the egg laying thing - so we usually start there
Karrie

juhason

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2u0s92zd said:
Lighting has a big role in behavior -- can you tell us what your using for a UVB brand and bulb coil or tube and where in the tank is it --- basking temps what are they and how are you taking them - I am asking since you have already gone over the egg laying thing - so we usually start there
Karrie
It’s a mercury vapor bulb!! Well it turns out she did have eggs, I just couldn’t feel them which was weird. I ignored her desperate attempts to jump out and after 40 mins or so she started digging

juhason

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3tn769zd said:
Ok so you got a dig box for her?
Karrie
I had a dig box for her from the beginning, but usually when I put her in there she would start digging within minutes. This time she spent over an hour trying to escape the dig box. But on the third attempt after just ignoring her basically she started digging and laid her eggs.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok good make sure you give her extra calcium it seems to drain them of that
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom