Baby Beardie, Puffing Up Body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi pals! I have a 4-ish month old beardie named Toast. Not sure on gender yet, as he's still young. He's always been a super chill little dude, but lately he's been acting odd. He's started glass surfing a lot, and sometimes he'll be sitting in his basking spot and he'll randomly puff up his beard and/or body. Is this normal? I'm not sure if he's seeing his reflection and feeling threatened, but when I notice that he's puffed up I'll pet his back and he seems to calm down. For the past few days, I've caught him puffing up maybe 2-3 times a day. We have him in a 45 gallon tank, I believe, but we are looking at upgrading him soon. If anyone has any ideas as to why this may be happening, please help me out!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like he is stretching his beard and is going into shed -- if his beard starts to get a funky color like gray white or opaque looking he is going to shed -- his tail will change color too w/ shed it may get real dark color or white
Karrie

ashleyrenee444

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1a48zq6g said:
Sounds like he is stretching his beard and is going into shed -- if his beard starts to get a funky color like gray white or opaque looking he is going to shed -- his tail will change color too w/ shed it may get real dark color or white
Karrie

I forgot to mention that he just finished up a shed a few days ago! I read that they'll do that before they shed, but I wouldn't think he'd be getting ready to shed again so soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom