Stool & pooping issues. Do I need a vet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxxzy

Original Poster
Update: He has eaten some veggies today and I have got all of the herbs.

Tracie, do I need to give him a whole syringe full of the herb paste? I have each herb in boxes of .5 oz so how much do you recommend I use each day? I read also that they shouldn’t be fed all the time but instead occasionally, so how many days do I have to use it for for it to be effective?

galaxxzy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1tjekoz5 said:
Herbs can be bought at Walmart in the produce organic shelf
Karrie

Okay I got the herbs. Do you know how much of the paste I should give him and for how long? I tried asking Tracie but no reply.
Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She's on at nite and I am not sure- I will flag the post so she will answer or you can PM her find her username drach613 then when her profile pops up on the left side it will say PM-
Karrie

galaxxzy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":ec669w4w said:
She's on at nite and I am not sure- I will flag the post so she will answer or you can PM her find her username drach613 then when her profile pops up on the left side it will say PM-
Karrie

I’ve PM’d her.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

There is no exact amounts, but just take somewhat equal amounts of each, just to make a
small amount of paste/slurry. Maybe estimate a tablespoon of each, chopped up, then put
into the blender you are able to use.
You can give just a small amount daily. Do you have a syringe or dropper you can use? You
can make it into a slurry so he will get a little bit of oral fluids, too.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

galaxxzy

Original Poster
Drache613":1s5947lt said:
Hello,

There is no exact amounts, but just take somewhat equal amounts of each, just to make a
small amount of paste/slurry. Maybe estimate a tablespoon of each, chopped up, then put
into the blender you are able to use.
You can give just a small amount daily. Do you have a syringe or dropper you can use? You
can make it into a slurry so he will get a little bit of oral fluids, too.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Thanks for responding. So do I just use it like that until its all gone? Yes I have a syringe which I used to feed him with when he wouldn’t eat. Don’t know how he is today yet since I haven’t woken him up but yesterday he did a bit of moving around.
Still waiting on a poop so I can take him to the vets though...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Make sure you get a copy of the office visit - a summary of everything done - labs xrays etc--- and ask lots of questions - I was at the vets yesterday and each visit w/ the dragons was 45 minutes long and they were there for check ups only -- you can read my post on Blaze and Hiccups big adventure - it gives some detail of the visit -- I came home w / a 3 page report on both of them - today I should be getting a fecal result from Hiccup tomorrow blood work on Blaze - I am still waiting for Blaze to poop
Karrie

galaxxzy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":ax1cknls said:
Make sure you get a copy of the office visit - a summary of everything done - labs xrays etc--- and ask lots of questions - I was at the vets yesterday and each visit w/ the dragons was 45 minutes long and they were there for check ups only -- you can read my post on Blaze and Hiccups big adventure - it gives some detail of the visit -- I came home w / a 3 page report on both of them - today I should be getting a fecal result from Hiccup tomorrow blood work on Blaze - I am still waiting for Blaze to poop
Karrie

I will make sure to ask. What sort of questions?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If putting on meds what kind of side effects should you expect? For how long after meds will side effects linger? Should you give probiotic w/ the med what about water should you give extra water? Feeding should you still offer the same feeding you normally do? Cleaning of tank depending on the parasites? What should you use? Do they have F10 available to buy for a disinfectant? Get his weight while there it should be in his report tho- whatever comes up in the visit- ask if you need to-- ask what kind of probiotic and where to get
Karrie

galaxxzy

Original Poster
He has done a poop! Its jelly-like and has a bit of hard urate as usual but I think that is because he is still clearing out rocks that he ate from his old (loose ?) substrate. No blood though. This means that I won’t be taking it to the vet for a fecal. If it has blood next time, I will. But this is the first poop he has done without blood in maybe 2 months.

I have no idea why it would be like jelly but I sort of started to dissect it as you can see in the photo and it is like normal poop on the inside. Is it maybe because he drinks a lot of water?

106018-5886138887.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Extra water is good but it would come out as liquid- what are you giving as supplements?
Karrie

galaxxzy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ircmp61 said:
Extra water is good but it would come out as liquid- what are you giving as supplements?
Karrie

No supplements actually. He’s sometimes given calcium but he gets it naturally from his food most of the time. I’m going to start to spray calcium on food before I give it to the superworms so that then they provide him calcium as well as protein and all of the stuff from the food though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great there wasn't any blood with his stool then. He is feeling better now?
The stool didn't really look bad at all. As Karrie mentioned, a bit of excess water or
moisture is fine, that indicates hydration most of the time.
You don't have to give the herbal paste too long. How many doses have you given
him thus far?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom