Runny poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
My 11 month old has had runny poop the last few days. He seems very healthy otherwise. He definitely has no problem eating, and is still very active.

Husbandry:
50 G vivarium with paper towel flooring (temporary, I usually have tile, but new tank and I have to get more)
T5 10.0 uvb tube that rests on top of his mesh screen.
Humidity around 45%
Basking spot reaches around 110. Cool side is upper 80s
Daily feeding of a variety of veggies. He has no problems eating these. (Endive, bell pepper, collard greens, etc.)
Lights on at 7, off at 7. Very active during day and loves coming out of his tank and staying with me, though I usually don’t keep him out for more than 30 min.
Insects: fed twice a day (BSFL and Dubias), first feeding around 10 am and second is a couple hours before lights off. Definitely still has his appetite!

His poop has been very runny the last few days. He has had some undigested worms, but this is rare. It’s very hard for me to get into the vet right now with this pandemic, but I was looking into ordering a kit to test for parasites. I was recommended dewormers for parasites, with probiotic treatment afterwards, but I think it would be better to check for parasites first. Is there anything wrong with my husbandry or is there something I should watch for?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
T 5 is on top of screen is how far from the basking decor piece - it should be 8-10 inches --- the undigested food is what? If its BSFL that could be him eating them to fast -- common --- does his poop have a smell so bad it makes you want to leave the room? Another indication of parasites -
Karrie

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1uqujmq6 said:
T 5 is on top of screen is how far from the basking decor piece - it should be 8-10 inches --- the undigested food is what? If its BSFL that could be him eating them to fast -- common --- does his poop have a smell so bad it makes you want to leave the room? Another indication of parasites -
Karrie

yes the uvb is 10 inches from his nearest basking piece. The undigested worms are the BSFL, though I feed him one at a time to make sure he doesn't chew them up too fast. The smell seems normal to me. Everything seems normal and healthy other than the poop, which is why I didn't want to just jump in with the medication like I was told.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No you want a fecal first- good basking temps and good UVB will help keep.levels down - they have some anyway but you want levels low- it's when they get out of control - right now I am deciding whether to treat blaze he has some but level is 0-5 and his behavior eating basking activity has not changed so I am wondering if its worth giving him meds - I have PM Tracie and asked her - I had hiccup checked a couple years ago and he had low amount as well and chose not to medicate and his last fecal came back clean- so I am wondering if I should do same w/ him
Karrie

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Exactly. All have parasites, but healthy dragons can control it and keep the numbers low. I was looking into ordering a nice microscope and fecal float kits, as I already know how to perform it and what to look for. I know this can’t replace the vet, but it sure would be helpful and I could perform as many as needed without the fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom