Bearded dragon has yellow blister Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyshaci

Original Poster
Hi, I took falkor to the vets on Tuesday and he had a blood test, that came back fine so the medication hasn't had any bad effect on his system yet. One of the vets didn't think it was Y. F. but an insect bite but They took his scale and checked that and they found fungus on the scale, so they think it most likely is yellow fungus, were back there in a week for another check up and blood test again. The yellowing has not spread to other parts of his body and his beard isn't looking to bad one of the scabs have fallen off now and has healed well and there isn't really any yellowing there. At the moment his routine is cleaning is beard in the early morning with iodine and them lamasil cream applied, then I feed him, medicine (itraconazole 0.15ml) in the afternoon and reptoboost in water, then late afternoon I disinfect his tank and accessories and clean his beard with iodine. I also clean my hands before and after holding him. Do you think the yellow fungus is in the early stages? since it hasn't spread to other body parts.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's not looking too bad, I still don't think it's Y.F. and if it is it's mild and not typical of what you'd normally see. But so far so good and I'm rooting for him and for you. :)

Alyshaci

Original Poster
Thanks ? fingers crossed he will be okay. do you think it could be another fungal infection? I thought If it was mild the lamisil would help clear it up faster. They couldn't get a skin scrape because they couldn't get any fluid from the yellow area. The only thing that has shown up is 3 scales which have gone really dry and hard and yellow/ brown underneath. Also where the blister was, I've just noticed slight yellowing around it. Hopefully he sheds his beared soon so I can get a better look at it all and see if any of it dissappeares

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think he should be just fine also! Hopefully that skin will shed off soon. How is his appetite
doing right now?
Definitely keep us posted on him! :D

Tracie

Alyshaci

Original Poster
His appetite is okay he has around 3 large locust every 2 days however he wouldn't eat yesterday but he hasn't pooped in 8 days I gave him a bit of olive oil and pureed carrot 2 days ago and he is a bit bloated. He was at the vets 2 months ago with a small impaction from morio worm he now does not eat them (the only reason he had morio worms is because he refused to eat anything else for weeks) he had xrays and the block was moving through his system so he was given lactolose and his poop has been every 5 days since and alot more formed than it was but still not normal. Is there anything I can give him to help pass it? I think is starting be become really uncomfortable for him. I'll add some photos

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Canned pumpkin or baby food prunes or unsweetened applesauce -- if he goes back to the vet NO ENEMAS!!! He will go naturally and the food posted will help move it thru
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing today?
Absolutely no enemas, really they are just too risky. As Karrie suggested, continue the
natural remedies, most of the time, they work very well.
The lactulose is actually pretty good also for him.
His nighttime temperatures could be bumped up slightly to around 75-80 to help out his
system if needed right now.

Tracie

Alyshaci

Original Poster
Hes doing okay still hasn't eaten but he pooped yesterday on his own. I've got baby prune puree in incase he needs it. He has weired yellow bits all in his poo never seen them before.
108816-4654279808.jpg

Alyshaci

Original Poster
Hi again I've just noticed that falkor has got yellowing on his back that has shown up in the past 2 hours. He has had smaller patches appear on his back like this over the past few weeks but that always appear and dissappear in a few minutes. But this one isn't going, I'll let you know later if it does or not and I've applied a little lamasil on it
108816-3569440749.jpg
108816-4378039348.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, Falkor is just shedding, that patch has shed so it's his natural color. The rest of the body will shed in stages. That's not Y.F. My b.d. Buddy just had a similar patch on his tail area, perfectly normal because they shed in odd stages all the time. No need to worry or put anything on it. Do you know what the humidity is in his tank ?

Alyshaci

Original Poster
Okay that's good it's just weird that it keep appearing and disappearing it went a little while ago and then came back and went again but it's doing it when he come out of his tank so I assume he is just darkening his skin to get more heat. His humidity is usually around 40% but I haven't checked it in a while I need a new reader for it Im going to order one of amazon today, I've been needing to for a while.

Alyshaci

Original Poster
Hi all I've just got back from the vets and they said that falkor can come off the medication now ? but just apply some lamasil daily, he shedded yesterday and it has pretty much cleared it all no yellow at all. He has another blood test and it showed that the calsium was high and they checked him over and did an xray and ultrasound and it turns out HE is a SHE they were worried about egg binding but that's all fine however the Xray showed that he is Constipated and he has been given lactulose 0.25ml twice a day untill he has soft stool. I was just wondering could that be why she has been so moody and hiding recently because of breading season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom