Diarrhea Off and On

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteHart

For starters, George is active. He ran circles around my room this morning. He is still eating all of his veggies. I think I gave him too many mealworms because he has actually gained a little weight. He is still basking in his tank. And whenever I can I’ll take him outside to get real sunlight. Despite all of this, he has been having diarrhea. Normally he will poop 2-4 mornings in a row then once or twice a week for the next couple of weeks. Only some of his poop has been runny and unformed. I wasn’t worried at first because his next poop was just fine. I haven’t counted but I’m sure he has had more regular poops than runny ones. It doesn’t smell any different. I haven’t seen any undigested food in either type of poop. One new behavior is that after pooping he will run into his hide. I don’t know if that is actually relevant.
He has been shedding for over a month now.

George is a little over a year and a half. Male. 19 1/2 inches. He is in a 40 gallon tank. There is a reptisun 10.0 for uv. Next to is is a reptisun 150 watt basking light. The warm end of his tank is 94-110 degrees F. He usually doesn’t sit directly under the heat lamp, but a couple inches to the side.

I’m going out of town in a week and half. I’ll be leaving him in a boarding service. Any help is appreciated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so what brand and bulb? Is it a T 8 or T 5? And is it on top of the screen?
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do post some pictures of your tank setup for us, so we can see his living environment.
Is your dragon still having some diarrhea right now? If so, you will need to try & give
extra oral fluids for him, so he doesn't get dehydrated too badly. Is he eating very much?
What type of thermometer are you using to measure the temperatures with?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom