Heating Question***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo15

Hi, so, recently I decided that I wanted to switch from using MVB bulbs (Heat, UVB, and Lighting all in one) to using an Arcadia 12% UVB T5 and a heat bulb. I have read from multiple sources that for heat bulbs you can use regular light bulbs and wanted to know what type of bulb to use specifically. Most people just say any Halogen bulb, but I wanted to see the specific bulbs people use. Thanks a lot :D

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is trial and error- - some can get away w/ the hh bulbs some cannot- you can look at these at Walmart great value halogen bulbs 100 watt- soft white 2 x life-- start there dome use a par 38 bulb - sometimes they need to be on a stand and you need to raise the bulb - make sure you have a digital probe thermometer or infrared heat gun -
Karrie

Apollo15

Original Poster
Ok, thanks. I will definitely try that out. Also, I had some extra light bulbs in storage that were 50 watt. I was wondering if I could just use those?? They are just regular white light bulbs, so...I would think so.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Only if they keep your basking temps to what they need to be and are a bright white
Karrie

Apollo15

Original Poster
Thanks! I will definitely look into those bulbs. Now, I know I said I had a heating question, but that was before I did a little more research and found that people were putting there UVB in the tank. I was wondering how you guys did it. Most people just say they use a Walmart light fixture, but could you give me the specific link for the one you are talking about. I originally was going to get a 12% Arcadia T5 HO tube (Can't remember watt.) But if I can use a T8 and put it in the cage it would be better. Thanks so much!!! :D

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
An Arcadia 12% bulb is a good one -- distance would be 12-15 inches inside the tank or 8-10 on top of the screen - both distances basking decor directly underneath - it needs to be in a fixture w/ a reflector-- you would need a 24" fixture for that bulb--- you can look here for both the bulb and fixture www.pangeareptiles.com -there is a fixture there for $32 do not use the bulb that comes w/ that fixture
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom