Question*****

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Question*****

Postby Madspayne » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:28 pm

My beard is just took a bit out of my string of bananas succulent?? Is this toxic to them or safe to eat??
Madspayne
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:15 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Question*****

Postby Claudiusx » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:02 pm

How much did he eat? And how big is your dragon?

String of banana is most likely slightly toxic as it's cousin plants are slightly toxic too.

How is your dragon acting?
Best to keep the plant away from your dragon.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
User avatar
Claudiusx
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 18934
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: California

Re: Question*****

Postby Madspayne » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:23 pm

Claudiusx wrote:How much did he eat? And how big is your dragon?

String of banana is most likely slightly toxic as it's cousin plants are slightly toxic too.

How is your dragon acting?
Best to keep the plant away from your dragon.

-Brandon


He ate about 2 small bulbs off of the plant.. he is 6 months old and is acting normal.
Madspayne
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:15 pm

Re: Question*****

Postby Drache613 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:43 am

Hello,

It can be somewhat toxic, but, he should be fine though. He is acting normal right now?
You could give a mix of parsley, oregano, basil & mint to help detoxify his system a little
bit.
Is he eating normally?
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie
User avatar
Drache613
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 40093
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: May, Texas
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Return to Beardie ER

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot]