Struggling to find a good basking light now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
Previously used PAR38 Halogen bulbs 90w from GE...having trouble finding those in stock on Amazon and in stores (Any PAR38 90W's are non-halogen, or super energy efficient, or soft white). Ordered some GE 80W off of amazon hoping it'll be warm enough.

I also went to walmart and got varying light bulbs (100W soft white A21 household bulb, 100W BR30 bulb), nice and bright, but none seemingly give off any heat even holding my hand close to the bulb.

Anyone have any recommendations? Bonus points if off amazon.

Setup is currently the light sitting on top of the 40G breeder on the metal mesh top.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I can still find quite a few options on Amazon. Unfortunately, until you try them yourself in your setup, we can't know what works well for you.

For instance, in my 4x2x2s the 40w br40s are almost too hot.

If you find one that works for you, I suggest just biting the bullet and buying a couple years worth of bulbs lol.
Either that or we will slowly be forced back into using over priced reptile specific heat bulbs.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom