Is this not enough space for my beardie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently was given a new tank for my beardie , but I’m now worried it may not be wide enough or too short. Right now I have her in a 20 gal ZooMed tank.

This new tank is homemade so it’s made w wood & has a wood bottom is that okay?

The measurements of the new tank are 64.5 inches long, 15 inches high and 13.5 inches front to back.
Is this too much space length wise & not enough width or not tall enough ? Or will it be okay for her.

Also if this was okay how would I go about placing her uvb tube light would I focus it more on one side, place it in the middle , or just get another one to place on the other side ?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
lilmaambeardie":30ot5bom said:
I recently was given a new tank for my beardie , but I’m now worried it may not be wide enough or too short. Right now I have her in a 20 gal ZooMed tank.

This new tank is homemade so it’s made w wood & has a wood bottom is that okay?

The measurements of the new tank are 64.5 inches long, 15 inches high and 13.5 inches front to back. << 13.5" ( W sounds like a converted display cabinet ) is not really deep enough for an adult bearded dragon , really need at least 24 inches in that dimenson because a full grown adult bearded dragon can be 20 - 26 inches long and they need that much to do a U-turn comfortably.>>
Is this too much space length wise & not enough width or not tall enough ? Or will it be okay for her.

Also if this was okay how would I go about placing her uvb tube light would I focus it more on one side, place it in the middle , or just get another one to place on the other side ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree the tank is not wide enough --- optimal size tank for a dragon is 4x2x2- that is a 120 gallon tank -
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Still would be better than the 20 gallon you are using now, but I agree, the dimensions aren't optimal at all for an adult :)

I wouldn't go any less than 18 inches wide for an adult at the minimum.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom