Introducing Legion and Sunrise

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysLost

Original Poster
Hello everyone!!
Thank you for the warm welcome!!

It's been busy around here finishing up school work, the 4th, and all the critter care.

Update! I have the hoods and the lights. I am happy that the hood came with lights because Sunrise's Arcadia light came in broken. I'm getting a replacement so will use the light that came with the hood for now.

Legion's light came perfect and is happily basking. He just finished shedding for the second time. I am going to get a new tank for him instead of switching the tanks.

I am having a difficult time with the heating. Along with the ceramic bulbs, the lighting and uth pads, I can't seem to get temps higher than 90-95. At least that is what the thermostats are reading. Any suggestions? My other reptiles and snake's heat are at perfect temperature. I'm kind of frustrated.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi AL, sounds like your new beardies have found a good home. :) A suggestion for getting the temp. up is to just get a 4 pack of halogen bulbs from Walmart. You can get 50-100 watt bulbs and just put one in the dome fixture that the coil uvb was in. So you'll have 2 heat/basking bulb in the double dome fixture. This is the type you can get, go with a lower watt though. They are only about $ 6 for the 4 pack.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29979/full

BTW, Sunrise is such a pretty leatherback girl. :) I would take her out to set her in the grass for some real sunshine, the best uv in the world of course. Don't worry about the humidity, it gets that high in parts of their natural territory in Australia.

AlwaysLost

Original Poster

Recent picture of Sunrise. I'm hoping that she's smiling or yawning. She's been switched to the smaller terrarium after a good cleaning/disinfectant. The main reason is I got the replacement bulb from Arcadia but that one arrived broken as well. The bulb in the smaller tank has the Arcadia light. I am going to travel around to locate a store. There's a Tails and Scales shop that may carry them. I am a bit frustrated. All in all, I believe that Sunrise is doing much better. She even lifted her hind legs today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom