Hiding and alot of digging

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes leave it on ---- it still has some strength I am guessing but its probably pretty weak and it wont hurt --- the outside will just reinforce his UVB :)
Is he eating? He may be going into a shed -- they tend to slow down on eating as well
Karrie

Tia828

Original Poster
Didn't eat yesterday. Hasn't yet today... got him out for a bit and he was running around fine but as soon as he was back in tank baack to cave he went. He hasnt shed in a bit so maybe. He was bulging his eyes out yesterday.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
They do that---- are his basking temps good? 105-110 w/ a digital probe thermometer or a infared heat gun?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so between shed and the relocation stress it may take some time for him to really start eating -- lets see what he does when the UVB comes and you replace it -- keep trying to feed him - as long as hes eating something I am not concerned -- if he quits all together then something else is going on -- I know you said he hasnt eaten today or yesterday -- what is the substrate your using? And have you tried feeding him yet today? Anything ? worms insects salad?
Karrie

Tia828

Original Poster
He hasn't been relocated. We have had him since March and has had this tank since April. He has tile for 90% of the tank but under the cave for digging and whatnot he has zoo med aspen bedding...change out weekly and have used since day one with no issues. Said it was good for digging/burrowing. I offer fresh veggies in am along with dubias, superworms, and nutrigrubs. Then late afternoon offer the same if he eats everything. He pooped today but still no food today.

Tia828

Original Poster
Still no eating today so far. Took Red outside and for a walk. Cleaned out his "room" early just to be safe. Did find some gnats on his succulent so tossed that. Gave him a bath and he loved that...swimming all over. Hoping he eats before bedtime.
108110-8232153449.jpg
this is the picture after bath. He is very photogenic ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
When was the last time he ate? What are his poops like? Do they smell so bad they make you want to leave the room?
Karrie

Tia828

Original Poster
Poop yesterday... was normal. Stinky but not horrible, same as usual. Last time he ate was Thursday. If I don't get him out he would stay in his cave and sleep.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
When is your UVB coming in? Have you weighed him to see if he is losing weight? You can weigh him on a kitchen food scale weigh in grams-- get a weight on him and keep track of it -- I was thinking maybe a parasite issue but if its normal and not driving you out of the room then maybe not -- that would be another reason for not eating ---
Karrie

Tia828

Original Poster
yeah he is located in our living room. His poop smell is no different...color texture... smell about the same as usual. Just Alot of wanting to burrow and dig. Was out doing great now back in tank and just digging trying to cover himself. We were gone last weekend so he was not getting his usual attention. We came home in am to feed and my brother shut lights off and fed at night. I font know if that would cause issues. I do have a scale. I have never weighed him. I will start today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom