Lethargic after being treated for parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chenpoes

A little under a month ago I took my girl to the vet for diarrhea, and it turned out she had 2 parasites. I can't remember the name of one, but it was treated with a dewormer, and the second was coccidia which was treated with ponazuril. Ever since treatment (finished maybe 3 weeks ago) she's been very lethargic. She spends most of the day in her hammock on the cool side of her tank and only gets up to bask a couple of times. She's still very happy for food time and perks up as soon as she sees her meal, but after basking when she's done she just goes back. I'm used to her running around the tank and glass surfing quite a bit. Should I be concerned, or is it possible she was only so active because she was stressed from parasites? She has a 150w basking lamp that keeps her spot a good 95-100f, and uncovered UVB inside the tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So its good shes eating -- the UVB is a what? T 5 or a T 8? And basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer?
Karrie

Chenpoes

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2h45tvdh said:
So its good shes eating -- the UVB is a what? T 5 or a T 8? And basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer?
Karrie
T8, temp is taken from both in-tank gauge and temp gun

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so the distance should be 6-8 inches from basking decor piece and directly underneath it-- how old is the T 8? They need to be changed out every 6 months - if this is good it could be just her - shes eating and basking and pooping? Shes getting hydration from where ? I am trying to rule out the lighting and temps for behavior --- sounds like shes just being lazy -- its when they quit eating and basking and not moving at all we become concerned --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom