Rescued MBD Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubymiss

I need suggestion!!
I just rescue LuLu on craiglist , very skinny and weak 4 yo girl who always keep in small tank, she can’t stand , grab, and climb, she can only craw on the ground like snake, she doesn’t move a lot. One nostril and ear doesn’t opened completely (look very small) . Fortunately she eat good and poop everyday, I send poop sample to lab already and no parasite. She has no soft jaw. But I notice that her upper jaw is shorter and some nails are crooked in weird way. I don’t know is that MBD? Does anyone has same experience about caring beardie like this or seen the same symptoms like mines please share with me, Vet appt is next week. But I still need you guys suggestion! Thanks all. I really want to give her better life. <I cant upload pic even its only a 1.4MB JPG :(>

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Click on this link https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post---
Once we see the pics of her and the tank and lighting we can better help you -- that is very important for her health - please tell us what your using for her UVB and basking temps etc -- brand and bulb of the UVB NO COILS -- they are no good --- what are her basking temps and how are your taking them ? NO stick ons they are inaccurate --- digital probe thermometers are the best along w/ infrared heat guns--
Karrie

rubymiss

Original Poster
Hi Karrie
Thanks for the link , I tried to upload pics but still couldnt make it, it stopped at 13% uploading rate and never go again . so i make a video include LuLu's pic and her enclosure on youtube as llink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uanrx_tTEqU
Its her new enclosure(119cm length 58.4 deep 43hight), she just move in couple days . UVB is ZOO MED Reptisun 10.0 uvb , its 38cm(15'') from reptile. Heat lamp is 25.4cm(10'') from reptile ,basking spot temperature is 43C(110F) , cool side is 25.5C(78F). the thermometer is stick on, but I will go get a digital probe soon. except that I normally use thermo gun. I am giving her physical therapy trying to rotate her arms legs and massage her muscle, hope it help her to move. Thanks. Rubymiss

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Poor baby --- the UVB needs a reflector -- I see no reflector on the fixture meaning she is not getting any UVB --- here is a website for a reflector she must have one or drop that fixture down to 4-6 inches from a piece of decor -- - the better the UVB the better she will be and getting her out into the sun is good just make sure those rocks you have her on are not hot - you dont want to burn her belly--- the basking spot could be 95-110 -- I would try and get her a piece of decor that will offer her a gradient heat -- something like this https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/thrive-driftwood-reptile-decor-54734.html?cgid=500116 I know you dont have petsmart but it gives you an idea of what could be used in the tank for her - she can lay on it sit or stand against--
www.https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/arcadia-t8-fluorescent-reflectors/
getting one of these is crucial order or get a new fixture w/ a reflector but she must have one of these
that is a MUST-- the reflector intensifies the UVB rays --
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
How wonderful that you decided to take Lulu in and give her a better life!
I don't have any experience with mbd and only got my first dragon a few months ago, so I don't really have advice to offer.
But I do want to offer support - I am so glad you came to this community!
It's great that she is eating well! What are you feeding her? Are you using a calcium supplement?

rubymiss

Original Poster
KarrieRee":31hsx6cs said:
Poor baby --- the UVB needs a reflector -- I see no reflector on the fixture meaning she is not getting any UVB --- here is a website for a reflector she must have one or drop that fixture down to 4-6 inches from a piece of decor -- - the better the UVB the better she will be and getting her out into the sun is good just make sure those rocks you have her on are not hot - you dont want to burn her belly--- the basking spot could be 95-110 -- I would try and get her a piece of decor that will offer her a gradient heat -- something like this https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/thrive-driftwood-reptile-decor-54734.html?cgid=500116 I know you dont have petsmart but it gives you an idea of what could be used in the tank for her - she can lay on it sit or stand against--
getting one of these is crucial order or get a new fixture w/ a reflector but she must have one of these
Karrie
Thanks , I will change a fixure with reflector , she need a lot of uvb! And I will remove that rock put a decor on.I forgot to ask that do I need to overlap uvb and heat lamp, I mean move uvb more to the right close to heat lamp so when LuLu is basking she can have uvb the same time? Thanks

rubymiss

Original Poster
rubymiss":1d3he9dm said:
KarrieRee":1d3he9dm said:
Karrie
Thanks , I will change a fixure with reflector , she need a lot of uvb! And I will remove that rock put a decor on.I forgot to ask that do I need to overlap uvb and heat lamp, I mean move uvb more to the right close to heat lamp so when LuLu is basking she can have uvb the same time? Thanks

rubymiss

Original Poster
WinFam01":72ec7q8p said:
How wonderful that you decided to take Lulu in and give her a better life!
I don't have any experience with mbd and only got my first dragon a few months ago, so I don't really have advice to offer.
But I do want to offer support - I am so glad you came to this community!
It's great that she is eating well! What are you feeding her? Are you using a calcium supplement?
Hi WinFam01
Thanks, I am happy to rescue her,cuz she was badly neglected! She is weak now but eat dubia roach and calcium liquid..I hope.she can stand up and walk again! Ruby

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It is optimal to have the UVB and basking together but not necessary- for her I would try and get them together-- I would get a 24" fixture w/ reflector if your changing it out and go w / a Arcadia 12% bulb they have D3 and put it inside your tank 12-15 inches from her decor piece-
Karrie

rubymiss

Original Poster
WinFam01":3vffm9bn said:
How is Lulu doing?
LuLu pasted away yesterday, vet said she has some underline disease already as I rescue her, she had been good for a while then just these 4 days she eats very less, and black bearded, I made a doc er appt . But a day before appt she go to the Lord.she is my first rescue babe now I'm very heartbroken and keep blaming myself...hope I can be better.thanks for asking though.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am so sorry to hear about Lulu -- you did your best -- dont beat yourself up -- it is not uncommon people get sick beardies -- it is good that you tried w/ her -- I know the feeling too well :cry: -- it breaks your heart to see them like this --
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Oh no, I am so sorry! :(I
You did a great thing for Lulu, as hard as it was for you, she was loved and well cared for in the end. ♥️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom