Waking beardie up early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, tomorrow I will be moving to a new state that is 8hrs away. I am bringing my beardie with me on the move. We plan on leaving at 5am, this is before his lights come on. Is it bad to wake him up early? Also how do I go about waking him up without startling him? Should I have his lights turn on earlier tomorrow? Not too sure how to go about it.

Any kind of advice is appreciated, thanks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sometimes life happens - he will be fine - maybe shut his lights off earlier than normal and go about your business -- hes gonna go thru relocation stress w/ the move so just bare w/ it --- on your trip get him out into the sun and let him sit in some direct sunlight for like 15 minutes or so --- that will give him some UVB and warm temps to warm up - feed him before you leave -- but I am thinking he will be fine - do you have a small pet carrier your putting him in?
Karrie

ZippyZippo

Original Poster
Yes, I do have a carrier has had made a long car trip before around 7hrs. I was mostly worried about waking him up in the morning and the relocation stress. As far as letting him out on the dash, are the usually calm when you do that? I am somewhat nervous of him running off and hiding somewhere in the car while I am driving.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You definitely do not want that running off to happen -- I had that happen once my daughter had him on her and he got away and got under my feet while I was driving - I pulled over immediately and we caught him before he got under the foot pedal into the fire wall of the car------------- talk about panic --- if you have someone w/ you that can handle him while your driving like sitting on top of the carrier ours has a screen mesh that unzips that we unzip and Hiccup will sit on that on my daughters lap and ride now w/ no issues -- they usually like to ride and look out the window
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom