HELP My bearded dragon is dying!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean0529

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2mloa5rr said:
Ok those are no good either-- they are harmful to the eyes and can cause long term eye damage--- I want you to set your tank up like a hospital tank - you need to get a heating pad put in the tank set it on low- take and cover it w/ a dish towel or small towel etc-- put him on it -- tomorrow you need to work on getting that UVB replaced - and getting him into the vet--- do not use the coil anymore- he's better off getting direct sun at this point and if he has a RI he will need antibiotics- please keep me posted and I am hoping Tracie jumps in here tonite and advised
Karrie
How much is this going to cost at the vet?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have no idea- every state is different-- I took mine to the vet Tuesday- blaze and hiccups office visit was $58/ each-- fecal was $30 for each and blazes blood work was $180-- so hiccups visit was $94- blaze was $272
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ask when you call but he needs to go in -- you have one sick dragon --- I hate those coil uvb's
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry your dragon isn't doing well. They can be fine one minute & ill the next. The problem
is that they are masters of disguise & hide illness & or disease very well. It is innate because in
nature, they don't want to be prey by showing weakness.
As Karrie mentioned, he likely hasn't been getting much if any UVB so he has extremely low calcium
levels which do cause tremors & or seizures from neuromuscular issues.
Vet costs are different depending on the vet, specialty & the state. If at all possible, try to find a
vet who specializes in reptiles or exotics. Do you have any pictures of your dragon, along with the
tank setup too, just so we can see everything with your situation?
What type of supplementation are you using?
Let us know how he is doing. Do keep him around 78 or so, overnight to help boost his immune
system. You can use a ceramic heat emitter or a heating pad, on low, with a towel in between him
& the heating pad.

Tracie

sean0529

Original Poster
KarrieRee":12obsouu said:
Ok those are no good either-- they are harmful to the eyes and can cause long term eye damage--- I want you to set your tank up like a hospital tank - you need to get a heating pad put in the tank set it on low- take and cover it w/ a dish towel or small towel etc-- put him on it -- tomorrow you need to work on getting that UVB replaced - and getting him into the vet--- do not use the coil anymore- he's better off getting direct sun at this point and if he has a RI he will need antibiotics- please keep me posted and I am hoping Tracie jumps in here tonite and advised
Karrie

Well it seems like we lost our little guy last night, RIP to a beautiful boy at 6 years..

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am so sorry -- I was thinking of you this morning :cry: -- he was in really bad shape --- Please if and when you decide to get another one NO more coil UVB's ---- I cannot express how bad they are for the dragons --- some people catch it early on and some do not :(
Karrie

sean0529

Original Poster
KarrieRee":fwyfp115 said:
I am so sorry -- I was thinking of you this morning :cry: -- he was in really bad shape --- Please if and when you decide to get another one NO more coil UVB's ---- I cannot express how bad they are for the dragons --- some people catch it early on and some do not :(
Karrie
Thank you for all your help. My one fear is burying him alive the only strange thing I noticed is that his color is no longer the odd white I described it returned to normal before he passed. He’s completely lifeless though and his eyes are dead, I’m not trying to hold onto false hope rather just be preventive cause I wouldn’t want to bury him alive is there a definite factor?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Leave him for awhile and see if he starts to get stiff - that is a sure sign - you can try putting him in water to see if he moves - SIGNS THAT A BEARDED DRAGON IS DYING
• Their skin looks grey or dull looking – but they are not shedding.
• They become lethargic, uninterested and unresponsive – but they are not in brumation.
• They will stop eating.
• The eyes appear sunken or droopy.
• They may spend more time in the cool end.
• If they are attempting to move they will may drag themselves along – This can be distressing to witness.
• They appear to have “given up”.
• Their breathing will become very shallow.
Again I am sorry for you and your dragon --
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear about your dragon, so sorry for your loss. :cry: I know how
emotionally exhausting it is when they are ill & don't make it.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom