My beardie hasn’t eaten in almost two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikachuILY

Hi there, before I get a lot of backlash I’m here seeking advice because I care about my beardie. I’ve not just let her starve so please do not tell me I’m a bad mom I’m really trying my best and this all really scares me. Anyways on to the problem. I have a bearded dragon named Yoba, Female, 1.5 years old. When this all started she was 18.1 ounces (big girl I know). She’s in a 40 gallon front opener. Cool side stays around 73-80 depending on the house temp, basking spot is 90-100. Bathed once a week. She did great. Then out of nowhere she stopped eating. We tried switch foods, like literally all the different types of greens and even fruits. Nothing. Wouldn’t eat insects or anything. So a few weeks passed and I got really worried so I bought some critical care and fed her that until her vet appointment. They couldn’t find anything and told me to continue with critical care. More weeks passed and she still wouldn’t eat anything so I took her back. They did more blood and fecal samples and the only thing they could find was that she her pinworm levels were slightly elevated but not enough they thought it would be a problem. But since it was the only thing they could find they went ahead with meds for it and told me to try and ween off the critical care. So now here I am with a beardie that apparently has nothing wrong with her but won’t eat. Hasn’t lost much weight and seems fine. She’s still fairly active as well. However she can’t survive without food? So any help?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You mentioned NO UVB --- brand and bulb tube or coil and where in the tank is it? Basking temps ? How are you taking them? NO stick ons!!! How old is the UVB? Can you weigh her in grams please --- a good weight for a adult bearded dragon is 300 + grams -- did the vet ask any questions about her husbandry?
Karrie

MikachuILY

Original Poster
Ah sorry, I use the repti sun 10.0 along with the fixture and swap it out every 6 months. I included my basking temps in my first post. As for husbandry I’ve always been told it’s done well. I use either carpet or paper towels. She would normally have a log hide and hammock on the basking side and cave on the cool side but recently I’ve had to take most of her things out to disinfect for pinworms. The first vet visit (about three weeks of not eating) she was 811 grams. The second visit (six weeks) she was 697 grams. She is female and 1.5 years old.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok the UVB is a T 5 or a T 8? And where in the tank is it ? Top of screen or inside the tank? This is important--- basking temps I know you said what they were but are they being taken w/ a digital probe or a infrared heat gun or stick ons? I want to rule the lighting out for not eating -- is she hydrated? Another possible reason for not eating-- Has she ever laid eggs? Is she on medication for pin worms now? What medication is she on?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom