Weird Beardie issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renata44

Hey Everyone!

I’m turning to you with a very scary issue we had yesterday with our beardie. My boyfriend saw him hunting for a hopper and while he was looking at one hopper he had some red liquid coming out of his mouth. We are not sure if it’s blood as it was very watery but still it was red, and obviously coming out of his mouth. We called the vet automatically but we were only able to get an appointment for Sunday. The weird thing is that he doesn’t seem sick at all. He is eating well, veggies, hunting for hoppers, eating calcium with his food, he has his UVB lamp on and it’s still within the 6 month. He is active, even after yesterday, curious and acting just as he usually does , he also doesn’t have a black beard at all. His colour is normal and he is in good weight.

We are very scared and barely slept last night, as we are very worried he got something, it was very scary, although it might be something minor and we can over worrying it?

Thank you if you could help us with any information, we read almost everything on the web but didn’t find anything related to this issue.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Did you examine his mouth to see what it was? You need to look in his mouth and see if there was something there to be causing the blood? Are you feeding super worms? Did you feed him any strawberries and it could of been juice? Post a pic of him and see if you get a pic of the inside of his mouth https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
The vitamins we are currently using have something in them that turns red when it gets wet. Any chance you had just given anything like that?

Renata44

Original Poster
I’ve tried to look into his mouth but there seems to be nothing there, he also never really had superworms as we’ve been told that it can be unhealthy for them. Since yesterday all seems to be fine, but we’ll still take him to the vet on Sunday just to be sure. We also didn’t change her vitamins so, I don’t know. I was thinking, that what could be the issue is that he got a quite big hopper for his age yesterday the first time and it might have hurt him? His 9 months old and I’ve been told that even though he can eat it we should not give him bigger ones because it could cause digestive issues. Thank you for your answer I’ll still observe him until Sunday hopefully all is ok with him ??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If an insect is too big it can cause impaction--- DO NOT LET THE VET DO AN ENEMA!! It can kill him-- super worms are good treats- he should be able to eat medium size- I would look at getting him some of those along w/ horn worms - horn worm are a good hydrating worm - you can get them from here www.dubiaroaches.com - if you order horn worms order small amounts in medium size they will come small and they grow really fast - butterworms are also a good worm too but everyone is out of stock - silk worms are a good staple feeder--- and can't find those now either
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom