Superworm farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
I have not posted in forever, but because Smaug is getting bigger now, I have been doing some research on how to make a superworm farm, do you guys have any advice?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've grown supers in a plastic tub full of oats with some cardboard tubes on top and fresh carrots or other vegetable on top of the substrate changed out every other day or so. This gives them some hydration. Other than that, I just let them be. I don't offer them as food very often so more recently I just let them live in my dubia enclosure as cleanup crew. I don't feed these off but they just kind of live in the frass and keep the roach tank in good shape. For feeders, it's best to keep their conditions as sanitary as possible.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It has been a while, but now I have 2 beetles! I have another pupae that in a week should become another beetle. It has been going well.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thats good. How many beetles are you trying to get? The more you start with, the quicker your farm will start producing.

I would aim for a minimum of a dozen beetles. I usually double that.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom