Blaze and Hiccups Big Adventure Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So today was Dr day -- Blaze and Hiccup went to see Dr Nancy at Companions Animal Hospital - Blaze was up first and a little stressed out -- normal -- he got his full check up along w/ about 15-20 minutes of history / tank / lighting / diet / behavior questions ---- he weighed in at 420 grams -- did not get his fecal in -- was telling him for the past 2 days to poop and of course he didnt so I brought extra paper towels w/ so in case he decided to poop and that was a no go so we got a poop tube for when he goes tomorrow I will haft to go back to the vets and drop it off -- they drew his blood and results will come on Thurs or Fri --- she said he looked remarkable and praised me for the excellent care hes getting - she told me she has been busy w/ dragons coming in that are really sick and was glad to see 2 healthy ones come in both at the same time -- as for Hiccup he was his vibrant orange self - he is over weight he weighed in at 545 grams and wants him down to 525 grams- she suggested a fasting day for the both of them -- never heard of that -- and she said that the shedding coming at different times was odd to me its not but whatever - she wants me to start putting in a water bowl on the hot side for more humidity w / the shedding - they asked everything you can think of even down to if I am gut loading the insects -- we were in the vets office for 1.5 hrs ---- fecal will be back for Hiccup tomorrow - he was a good boy and pooped yesterday -- bill for Hiccup was $94 - no blood work for him Blaze was $272 w/ blood work and fecal -- exam alone was $58 for each - adinovirus test is $70 -- asked out of curiosity

So I got Blazes blood work back and it was all normal --- Hiccups fecal came back w/ no parasites showing - kinda figured that since we dont have horrible stink when he goes and Blaze still waiting for him to poop --- ugh!
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Glad they got clean bills of health.
Is Hiccup the one who doesn't like to eat salad?
Thanks for sharing the pricing info.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yep that would be him - but he's such a good boy - he was so good at the vets- he sat on Khloe the whole time and cat napped- they even asked about cleaning food bowls out--- which are daily they are pulled and washed ?
Karrie

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Glad both are in good shape, but with your care, I wouldn't expect anything less! Wow, you've got some seriously reasonable vet bills... my wellness visit for Figment in December was close to $150, and that was without bloodwork, too! Guess it's all in where you live; here, we're technically on the "Gold Coast" of Connecticut where the richly rich live, so everything is pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom