What’s wrong with her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She is shedding -- and she looks like shes got a milk mustache going--- ok the pellet junk dried food stuff is yucky! The coil UVB needs to get replaced w/ this a 24' fixture w/ a reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb for tanks 40+ gallon --- here is a website to get one or at least see what I am talking about https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/t5-uvb-light-fixture.html or this one
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-12-uvb-t5-reptile-bulb.html both are really good bulbs - they need to be changed out once a year or usually a month before I do mine -- are you using the daytime bulb? which bulb are you using the 150 watt or the daytime ?
Karrie

Carmen315160

Original Poster
I use both 100 watt and 150 watt in the day and her night light is 100 watt I believe. I originally only had the 150 on, but I felt it was too cold because it was only 100 degrees. Now it is 110-115 with the 100 watt and the 150 together on the warm side.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need a digital probe thermometer ASAP ---- your temps are way off w/ a 250 degree bulbs going -- she needs basking temps 95-110 NO hotter taken w/ that digital probe --- I cannot stress this enough -- mid tank temp 90 ish cool side of tank 80's --- nite time temp 70's coolest 65 --- she will not eat w/ temps so hot and it can cause RI ---
please post a pic of the tank https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Night light ?? Is it colored?
Karrie

How we're you using the digital thermometer? Was it on the side of the glass or laid flat on her basking rock? If you don't have it laid flat on the basking rock you won't get an accurate temperature.

Carmen315160

Original Poster
Her temp is usually 110. But some days it can get to 115. Im not sure what changes it, but some days it’s hotter then the others.

Carmen315160

Original Poster
She has also been closing one eye while not the other at times. Is that normal? There are nothing in her eyes, I checked them.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes they often do that when basking- temps in your room you have her in will cause the temp in the tank to go up-if warm -- I would work on getting the basking temp down to 95 -100 or so are you using a colored bulb at nite? NO lights on at nite dragons like it cool and dark to sleep it metabolizes their system so they get a good nites sleep-- photo period 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
If you have 2 basking bulbs in a 49 gallon tank it is likely too hot and doesn't have a cool side at all. The thermometer you have is only measuring ambient (air) temp, not telling you what the basking temp is.
Get the thermometer Karrie suggested, and a tube uvb. She may be closing her eyes because of the non tube uvb bulb, some of them are not good for their eyes
I suggest doing some reading on reptifiles.com.

Carmen315160

Original Poster
Okay. I will try to get those ordered ASAP. She is very black right now, and I wasn’t even in the room or bothering her. My dog was outside and nobody was in my room. Why is she so black for no reason??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She is in distress- get one of those bulbs shut off or all if it's bedtime-- no lights on at all-- get a ambient temp in the morning before lights on - only turn one basking light on not both- the UVB leave off-- take her outside she can sit on you in the sun for 30 minutes or so or until you get too hot - you can use a plastic tote NO glass for 15 minutes No longer! Partial shade / direct sun watch her if your doing this you do not want to give her heat stroke! 15 minutes will equal out to 4 hrs of UVB- you can do this everyday or every other till UVB comes
Karrie

Carmen315160

Original Poster
I don’t use a colored light at night, it’s purple to me but the worker at the pet store said she can’t see the purple color in the light.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The only bulbs you should be using is a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110 -for a baby- 95- 110 for a juvie taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and a Reptisun 10.0 bulb TUBE in a fixture w/ a reflector-- no other bulbs that emit light!
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom