Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
Update: any squash, watermelon, blueberries, and strawberries are all a no go. Couple bites each and hasnt touched since.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
She about devoured my finger when I gave her blueberries. She definitely loves blueberries. Not sure why she didnt go for blueberries the first time.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
How often can they have blueberries? A couple every few days? A couple every few weeks/once per month? Less? etc?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Blueberries are high in sugar I would feed occasionally --- like a few every couple of week
Karrie

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
RIP. Onto finding other things she can have weekly.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If you look on my post April 28 I sent you the website for nutrition -- look at that and it will tell you what she can and cannot have and how often to feed -- :)
Karrie

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I check the nutrition site a lot, however "occasionally" isnt the most useful reference for how often/much they can have. :/

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I guess what ever occasionally means to you -- just dont feed as something every week or so I would go w/ every 2 weeks -- you dont want her developing diabetes --- so alot of sugar meaning fruit is occasional --- I cant get my 2 dragons to eat fruit at all -- I have offered everything and they wont eat it so I guess I am lucky in that aspect ---
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Deabrua":36v9j0yq said:
I check the nutrition site a lot, however "occasionally" isnt the most useful reference for how often/much they can have. :/
This is a good point! It would be good to know how often occasionally is!

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
KarrieRee":3exgtuji said:
I guess what ever occasionally means to you -- just dont feed as something every week or so I would go w/ every 2 weeks -- you dont want her developing diabetes --- so alot of sugar meaning fruit is occasional --- I cant get my 2 dragons to eat fruit at all -- I have offered everything and they wont eat it so I guess I am lucky in that aspect ---
Karrie

Im in the opposite boat right now. As of recent, she will eat insects/fruit but no veggies/greens.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Is she by chance getting ready to shed? Ours seems to slow quite a bit on her greens when she's about to shed.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I randomly decided to weigh her again today, and she has lost a considerable amount of weight. She was 436g as of March 10 2020, and she is now 403g as of July 17 2020. I've weighed her in between but I am not sure where I logged the numbers.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Losing weight? What exactly are you feeding her? Is she acting sick? Lethargic? Is she eating?
Karrie

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
She's eating various greens daily and either dubias or crickets every 2-3 days. I just confirmed she hasnt been weighed since mid April so the weight could have been lost any time in the last three months. She's active and acting like usual, no signs of stress or abnormalities. She has been shedding a lot though.

Edit: greens include dandelion leaves, mustard/collard greens, endive, escarole, and turnip greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom