NEED HELP WITH LIGHTING!!!!

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

NEED HELP WITH LIGHTING!!!!

Postby TrystanB » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:01 pm

So I just replaced a coil uvb bulb with this tube bulb it’s a 15 watt 18” tube by Zilla that came with the fixture. I want to know if this is a good placement for the uvb. IM SCARED that he isn’t getting uvb in his basking spot and I need someone to tell me the best place I can put both of these lights. So he gets the most comfortable setup. I love him and want him to live a happy life! Or if this is a fine placement I’d like to know that to. Thank you!!![Click image to enlarge]
TrystanB
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: NEED HELP WITH LIGHTING!!!!

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:27 pm

If you can get them side by side or one in front of the other that is the optimal if you cannot do not worry about it --- I would recommend you change out the Zilla bulb for a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 it is a better bulb -- you can get them at most Petcos and Petsmarts--- when changing out the bulb leave the clear plastic cover off the bulb you want it exposed ---next you need to put the fixture INSIDE the tank - the T 8's are not strong enough to go thru the screen --- it needs to be 6-8 inches from his basking decor piece -- if you haft to put the UVB in the center of the tank that is fine but a piece of decor needs to sit directly underneath it ---- 6-8 inches -- he will know what light he needs and go to it--here is some things to hang w/ 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – long plastic zip ties-- fishing line -- shoe laces -- potted plant wire hangers

Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures