NEED HELP WITH LIGHTING!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrystanB

So I just replaced a coil uvb bulb with this tube bulb it’s a 15 watt 18” tube by Zilla that came with the fixture. I want to know if this is a good placement for the uvb. IM SCARED that he isn’t getting uvb in his basking spot and I need someone to tell me the best place I can put both of these lights. So he gets the most comfortable setup. I love him and want him to live a happy life! Or if this is a fine placement I’d like to know that to. Thank you!!!
108770-1576774591.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If you can get them side by side or one in front of the other that is the optimal if you cannot do not worry about it --- I would recommend you change out the Zilla bulb for a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 it is a better bulb -- you can get them at most Petcos and Petsmarts--- when changing out the bulb leave the clear plastic cover off the bulb you want it exposed ---next you need to put the fixture INSIDE the tank - the T 8's are not strong enough to go thru the screen --- it needs to be 6-8 inches from his basking decor piece -- if you haft to put the UVB in the center of the tank that is fine but a piece of decor needs to sit directly underneath it ---- 6-8 inches -- he will know what light he needs and go to it--here is some things to hang w/ 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – long plastic zip ties-- fishing line -- shoe laces -- potted plant wire hangers

Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom