Beardie suddenly won't eat live food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. My sister has a beardie we rescued about 2 years ago. He was really neglected and half the size of our others. He has done well and thrived over the time she has had him, but he is suddenly refusing to eat any kind of bug. We have tried supers, wax, horn, dubia, crickets, everything. He eats his veggies- loves collards and sweet potato. Our concern is that he isn't getting the protein he needs. Are there any supplements we can use? Has anyone ever had a suddenly 'vegetarian' beardie? We took him to the vet and he had pinworms, so he is being treated for that, but still won't touch a bug. Everything else checked out okay.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok sounds like possible the meds may have an effect but maybe he is tired of all the rest not sure why its usually the greens they quit eating -- I would try some silk worms but every place I get them from no one has any---- you might try some BSFL or phoenix worms or calci worms or nutri grub they are all the same thing --- they are small so order large if you order them put them on top of his salads - usually I tell people to use them to get them to eat the salads but maybe the salads will draw him and he will eat them - you do not need to dust them they are calcium enriched and feed as many as you want - www.symton.bsf here are some websites for silk worms - they are a good staple feeder keep checking the website for when they get them back in www.reptilianarts.com www.coastalsilkworms.com
Now I need to know what his baking temps are how your taking them ? NO stick ons -- and what are you using for a UVB NO coils and how old is the UVB ? where in the tank is the UVB inside or on top of screen -- this also plays a huge role in the eating part
Karrie

rnadler103

Original Poster
KarrieRee":n2t85edn said:
Ok sounds like possible the meds may have an effect but maybe he is tired of all the rest not sure why its usually the greens they quit eating -- I would try some silk worms but every place I get them from no one has any---- you might try some BSFL or phoenix worms or calci worms or nutri grub they are all the same thing --- they are small so order large if you order them put them on top of his salads - usually I tell people to use them to get them to eat the salads but maybe the salads will draw him and he will eat them - you do not need to dust them they are calcium enriched and feed as many as you want - http://www.symton.bsf here are some websites for silk worms - they are a good staple feeder keep checking the website for when they get them back in http://www.reptilianarts.com http://www.coastalsilkworms.com
Now I need to know what his baking temps are how your taking them ? NO stick ons -- and what are you using for a UVB NO coils and how old is the UVB ? where in the tank is the UVB inside or on top of screen -- this also plays a huge role in the eating part
Karrie

He has an arcadia t5 10% uvb on top of the screen with the basking lite overlapping. We have a temp gun and the reading is usually 95-100 basking and 85 on the cool side. I'll try some of the food yu suggest.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
When you change out your Arcadia go for the 12% bulb--- stronger bulb better UVB?--- I would get that UVB inside the tank the screen is blocking 30% of those rays-- put it 6-8 inches I am giving T 8 distance- someone here can correct me if it needs to go 8-10 but beings it's a 10% I am gonna go w/ the T 8-- IAM thinking your UVB is causing the eating issue-- you can hang the fixture w/ these 3 M Velcro command fasteners-- picture wire hangers- long plastic zip ties -- fishing line- potted plant wire hangers- shoe laces
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom