Tail rot ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch1998

Hi everyone,

Just going around the internet googling bearded dragon things as you do and come across tail rot and seeing pictures of very early on cases of tail rot, which made me have a second look at my beardie (greg) noticing his tail is slightly discoloured?
Greg is 1 year old currently if that helps.

Please look at the pictures in this Flickr link, album titled- Greg’s tail

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130513649@N05/albums/72157715008007052

Just not sure if I’m over worrying ?

Thankyou

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They tend to darken on the tails go grey or opaque color on head and feet back they all shed different areas at different times- tail rot would be dry brittle and dead looking
Karrie

Mitch1998

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1i34jbe3 said:
They tend to darken on the tails go grey or opaque color on head and feet back they all shed different areas at different times- tail rot would be dry brittle and dead looking
Karrie

Ahh that makes me feel a lot better then, it’s definitely not dry or brittle ?
Just me over worrying then sorry ?
Thankyou Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Usually a tail rot would start w/ injury like another dragon biting or getting pinched something like that and it would start at the end usually
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, perfectly fine and he looks healthy + handsome. Just wondering though, do you have a climbing log in there for him ?

Mitch1998

Original Poster
AHBD":haqmtm66 said:
I agree, perfectly fine and he looks healthy + handsome. Just wondering though, do you have a climbing log in there for him ?
Ohh good I’m glad Thankyou ??
Yes the log is currently there for him to climb on not as much as a hide anymore as he’s grown out of it slightly but I do have a new similar but bigger hide coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom