Male dragon s beard has never been this color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help besides the obvious gray beard. He is also moving very slow and just kinda laying flat most of tge day. Richard is my sons dragon and he has raised him since 1 month old. He is now 18 months. Normally he is happy and runs about his cage.
108760-975240008.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the light behind him? Is that a basking light only or a All In One?
Karrie

Trinklehr08

Original Poster
That is his uvb light his basking light is on the other side of his cage. His lighting has not changed since he was a baby so i seriously doubt its his lighting or cage or anything

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is it a coil? If it is what brand and bulb? Most coils are no good- the only one we have not heard anything bad yet is the Reptisun 26 watt- but it needs to be 4-6 inches from him and in a reflective dome- unobstructed- issues w/ dragons take time to present because they will hide their illness till they can no longer- we always start w/ the lighting to rule out issues-- what are his basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate--
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, he's mature now and sporting a black beard which is due to hormones, excitement, etc and the beard is in shed. Nothing at all wrong there, we see this all the time. :)

Trinklehr08

Original Poster
Basking temps are 105 and his uvb is a reptisun im not sure of the watt it tends to be alittle warmer in his cage as he is in the middle. I will post pic of his cage. All his lights and stuff came in a bearded dragon kit.

Trinklehr08

Original Poster
AHBD":3sp9l069 said:
Hi there, he's mature now and sporting a black beard which is due to hormones, excitement, etc and the beard is in shed. Nothing at all wrong there, we see this all the time. :)
Thanks he has been having a black beard for a while but this has been like this for 2 days now is that normal i have 3 of them he is the only one who has done this

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can look on the bulb and it will tell you what the wattage is-- if it's a 13 I recommend you change it out-- Reptisun 10 tubes are the most recommended on the forum
Karrie

Trinklehr08

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1ki1qqez said:
You can look on the bulb and it will tell you what the wattage is-- if it's a 13 I recommend you change it out-- Reptisun 10 tubes are the most recommended on the forum
Karrie
It is a 13 w as well as the other 2 cages. He gets natural sunlight as well

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's fine, he's a young male and some of them want to mate + fight at that age even if there are no other dragons around but since you have others so close by he no doubt senses their presence. And I agree with Karrie that a long tube Reptisun would be much better uvb coverage. If you can set up some outdoor cages to put them out in a few days a week you can get away with weak uvb or even no uvb in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom