Uvb on the side of a tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone

Is it ok if my uvb bulb is mounted on the inside, top of the side panel? The basking light is about 7 inches or so from it, but directly above her log/hammock area where she chills

Any help would be fantastic....I always seem to be paranoid about lighting/heat. We have about a 140 gallon enclosure, and the humidity is finally good, but now it seems I can't get the temp inside to be above 85, except for her basking spot is generally around 95-100. 250 watt heat lamp, and we took the plastic cover off the uvb bulb.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sounds like you have a nice large enclosure. :) Can you post a pic of what you mean with your light ? The uvb bulb should be directly overhead.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nice set up ! A few adjustments are needed though, definitely get the uvb overhead and mounted in the tank. Remove the spiky grass like plants so the uvb is not obstructed too. She going to get little to no uvb with it on the side like that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
i dont think it matters but distance does - if its a T 5 it needs to be 12-15 inches unobstructed from basking decor - if its a T 8 6-8 unobstructed from basking decor
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom