Eevee's fight for survival after egg infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Rayn3bow09":41xwxzic said:
Uggghhh.. I was worried about her poos recently.. and today was no different.. not so much runny.. but still covered in mucus.. and inside was nothing but undigested greens.. there wasn't one part that looked digested.. along with more grainy urates.. afterward I tried giving her a soak, but she was adamant she didn't want anything to do with the bath!!.. so I let her out, and she started running around the house..(I have been setting her up on a pillow outside her cage With her light hanging over the edge so she can come and go as she pleases while she's sick.. it's either that or watch her beg to be out all day.. can't say no to her knowing how bad she has felt.. anyway.. she started running from kitchen to livingroom.. then my worst nightmare happened!!!

she started digging in the carpet!!! I knew I could feel an egg in her belly still!! It wasnt for very long and she eventually went back to her basking spot.. but idk what to do!! Do I give her a lay box again? I know the quack vet told me not to bc that's just telling her it's ok to produce eggs..I'm pissing off nature.. etc..if she's got some more and she's ready to lay them.. shouldn't I make her a spot and hope it goes more smoothly this time?! O God I'm so worried for my girl!!

Give her a lay box, she won’t make more eggs simply at the sight of a lay box. Her lay box is her sanitary napkin.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

How is Eevee doing?
I hope she is feeling better, bless her. Be sure she is getting plenty of calcium in her diet,
in her greens or a slurry you make for her.
Are her eyes looking better, still droopy?

Tracie

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hello.. been a few days since our last update.. and so far Eevee has been doing great!! I'm still scared to death about this clutch she's got brewing in her belly.. which is as big as ever.. still no sign of lay day.. she's still eating all on her own.. and she is back to pooping daily.. still looks weird with the mucus bubble around it etc.. she's still only at about 50% with her left leg..and still pretty swollen.. but Dr. Told me no on more antibiotics..so not sure what that's about..if I should be demanding more antibiotics..or what? The infection is obviously still an issue. Her eyes r looking more normal.. I'm almost positive she's about ready to shed as well. So besides her leg.. my main concern is her current egg situation.. I hope the fact that her last clutch got stuck/infected doesn't automatically doom her this time around.. if so.. is there anyway I will know before she's in trouble? I have no idea how long they have been brewing.. I guess since I'm prepared this time and I know the signs to look for once trouble starts.. ugh.. idk.. this better be it for her this year though.. I know that much!!

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Another quick question.. do females usually get sorta agressive when gravid? She was sick the fist time around so Idk what's normal behavior.i Kno i would b angry.. but she's never had a mean bone in her body.. the last few days have been nothing but opening her mouth..puffing her beard and tryin to look tough.. idk if she's doing it towards me.. the dogs..or just her reflection.. but she's definitely pissed at something!! I thought it was just basking with mouth open at first.. but she does it at akward times like she's eyeballing someone/thingif we walk by or if she catches a glimpse of herself.. looks like she's singing..lmao. poor girl.. I've never seen her angry like this.. I hope it's just beardie hormones bc I'm just sitting here making fun of her..lol. it seems like she's trying to make everyone bow down to her all powerful beard and big mouth.! Just wanted to make sure it's somewhat normal for her to be pmsing so bad..

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":325qp0o6 said:
Hello!

How is Eevee doing?
I hope she is feeling better, bless her. Be sure she is getting plenty of calcium in her diet,
in her greens or a slurry you make for her.
Are her eyes looking better, still droopy?

Tracie

Hi Tracie ?
Ok.. UPDATE!!! NEED ADVICE!! ??
While in her bath today I was having her standing with front feet on my fingers for her to float in a little deeper water while rubbing her tummy...then it started..
BREATHING HEAVY...CONTRACTIONS...PUSHING...then...nothing!!! AHHHHHHHH!!! $#@+*";!?+&$#+$+_"#@@¢¥€°¥°¥÷|°£°
sry for the language... ?? But man this is so frustrating!! Poor girl has went and worn herself out for the night I'm sure.. but I need a plan of action.. I'm sure it'll be to just do what I've been doing..I don't understand.. she hasn't dug except for maybe 30 sec total on the livingroom carpet.. nothing in her lay box.. I have a smaller tub inside her tank as well as a 10gal tank full of sand by itself to give her a choice.. but neither one has started her digging/laying instinct... She should be going in butt first in her lil dug out cave and laying them all at once right?? I have the cave dug for her just in case she just doesn't wanna dig bc her bum leg but she wants nothing to do with it unless she's standing up on it.. I'm glad at least she tried like that in the bath for me to know it was time.. she pooped early today so its not a stuck poo.. it's gotta be the eggs again!!
My question..

Is it EVER ok to have straining but no eggs? Or normal for for them to try to lay in the bath in the first place? I doubt she would lay them all in the bath.. so even if one came out.. wouldn't that be a bad sign on its own? Gonna call Dr. Useless in the morning.. she's been doing so good and has been getting pumped full of calcium and supplements.. I just don't get it. Thank u for everything. Hope to hear from u soon!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh good grief, poor Eevee!
Her body has been through so much, too, bless her. Was that the first time she struggled
like that lately, with nothing happening?
If her beard turns dark that isn't a good sign. I hope her infection has cleared up by now, it
is hard to know for sure. They don't always lay them all at once, but, sometimes they do.
So she hasn't tried to dig a burrow at all yet? Usually if they strain but nothing happens that
isn't a great thing to go on, no.
You are giving liquid calcium, right? You are doing great with her. Sometimes, circumstances
beyond your control take over. Are you keeping her warm overnight right now?
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes this is the first time she has pushed to no avail.. I'm just trying to catch any trouble as soon as possible. She also hasn't lost her appetite.. which I found weird.. actually had a nice wax worms snack about an hour before it started. Yes I bought the liquid calcium the day you told me it was better than powder. Still sprinkling powder too.. she doesn't much like the liquid.. it does have a strong smell.. I don't blame her. But she should be getting plenty of calcium.. I was thinking of cutting back.. worried about giving too much. She also just won't lose her wrinkles.. I don't see how she's staying this dehydrated.. I make her drink so much she doesn't drink on her own.. probably made her have a grudge against water!! Lol. She used to be a good drinker too.. but with me giving it more than she wants it.. it seems like she wouldnt be wrinkly anymore.. unless it's another cause . I haven't researched wrinkles much. All I know is they r a sign of dehydration..
Let's see what else.. she hasn't black bearded yet.. but for the past 3-4 days (not so much today) she has been opening her mouth and puffing her beard at everyone.. I'm 90% sure it was a "I'm in a bad mood.. u better back off" type gape..not anything's not like uri or basking gape.. I posted about it with pics above..she's never acted that way in her life!!

And as far as the nesting.. no.. she has not dug in her lay box at all.. just on the carpet Like right out in the middle of the livingroom she will do a couple swipes.. but she did that days ago for only a few seconds.. I made her up a cave pre dug and everything.. I was almost wondering if I should take the cave I made her out.. maybe she wants to make her own.. or sees no point in digging if ones already there?? Ugh idk!! She's got one in her tank and one outside.. the one in her tank she will walk in maybe a CPL times a day but it's to either stand there for a sec while walking around.. to poop.. or to use it as a place to stand while she begs to be let out.. the most interest she has showed in the sand/coconut husk substrate mix is to lick/eat one piece each time she touches it.. and the one I have made up for her in a 10gal it's like she feels like I'm putting her in jail and wants straight out.. I'll post pics.. maybe it's me giving her crappy lay areas..

As far as the infection.. idk I was worried it could still be an issue too.. her leg is working at about 60% the swelling has gone down some.. she was on one round of baytril.. and one round of the other I can't think of the name atm... But Dr said no on more antibiotics.. not sure why.. but I didn't go-to veterinary school for dummies..so what do I know?! Ugh.

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
First.. here's the lay box inside her tank..(don't mind the thermometer that keeps falling off the glass.. Eevee is sleeping.. not bugging her to move it for a pic)
100664-4588585896.jpg

And this is the one inside the 10gal tank
100664-4351658137.jpg
100664-2352348934.jpg

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
After telling the Dr. This morning.. and asking him what he recommends we do i had to take a few screenshots of the conversation to show u guys the high quality care we receive.. and how much he really gives a crap about his patients.. not just money.. oh I forgot.. it's the opposite of that!! Basically he won't recommend crap unless I pay at least an office visit (plus walk in fee) ..($85) he can't even say bring her in..? .. I had to share...
100664-3884531162.jpg
100664-7457030173.jpg
100664-2616197383.jpg
100664-7017615060.jpg
100664-1921704761.jpg
I mean.. honestly.. WTH!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little Eve, but at least she's in good hands [ with you ] and eating some. She has lost weight over the course of this situation so she will naturally look wrinkly even if she's hydrated. Like a person that loses weight there are often extra ripples in the belly area . Is she eating anything besides waxworms ? Sorry if I missed that. And some beardies naturally feel the urge too poo when in the water so that may be what happened.

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1swm6xvw said:
Poor little Eve, but at least she's in good hands [ with you ] and eating some. She has lost weight over the course of this situation so she will naturally look wrinkly even if she's hydrated. Like a person that loses weight there are often extra ripples in the belly area . Is she eating anything besides waxworms ? Sorry if I missed that. And some beardies naturally feel the urge too poo when in the water so that may be what happened.
She's a trooper.. that's for sure!! And I'm very happy to say that yes.. her appetite is back in full swing!! Here's her plate of goodies today..
100664-6724457443.jpg
a beardie buffet!! Collards turnips.. asparagus.. grapes..(melon to try n get some extra water in her)
eats everything except the damn grapes.. she has never tried one.. i have tried Everytime we have grapes in the house.. I think it might be the color.. who knows.. she also has her dubias.. the waxs r only a snack item. But she's munching on everything.. unless it comes from the syringe.. then she'll fight u.. lol. She's had enough of that thing for a lifetime!!

As far as the bath time poos.. I know they get the urge in the tub.. always used that trick to get her to go.. however this was different...
Firstly, she pooped earlier in the day.. I know it's possible she needed to go again the same day, but the way she was pushing,breathing and heaving her body..I'm 90percent sure it was a lay attempt.. and she ended up squeezing out a tiny urate blob from pushing so many times..but was still trying after that too. Hoping for the best.. prepared for the worst at this point.. idk

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good that she's eating so well ! Just Keep it up and she should slowly gain weight and fill out more.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good to hear she is eating a good amount, so she must not be ready to lay her
eggs quite yet since she still has an appetite.
Well, it is possible that she just feels the eggs developing & had some muscle contractions
but isn't ready yet. It's a great sign she isn't back bearding or lethargic though!
Your vet doesn't seem too concerned then, of course? You are going to possibly take her
in this week?
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yea, if she starts getting into trouble, im gonna take her in this week. i thought it was weird she was still eating.. she will forsure stop a day or 2 before shes ready right? thats what i was thinking.. maybe she started to be able to feel the eggs..or they dropped into position..something.. poor girl stays standing up on her back legs uphill so she doesnt have to lay on her belly. ..today she tried pooping..she was straining so hard..u could tell she was in pain by how she struggled around..and right before she got it out..she hissed!! broke my damn heart!! it was like she was screaming out in pain!! her poop was soft..so i guess it was hard to get out bc the eggs blocking her up? and it smelled horrible!! i think i read something about gravid beardies having smelly poos..
DR. forsure doesnt seem very concerned... which is bs!!! he is the one who told me how serious her issues were and recommened euthenisia if the antibiotics didnt work..bc she would need surgery but wouldnt survive a surgery being that sick.. he just doesnt care..thats all it is. if she needs help and if i do bring her in.. all that will happen is i will pay a huge office visit for him to tell me nothing..and me to tell him to give her some oxytocin..maybe pain meds for once..and an enema to get things moving..i hate those things but its the only thing that worked with getting the last few out last time. i was trying to save money by telling him whats going on through text..thats why he wouldnt say anything real and wont give her meds.. i have to pay extra for compassion..ugh!!

i wont let her get that bad again.. no more suffering.. im gonna have to make the impossible choice if so..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom