Tameable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucasb05

i’m thinking about getting a baby beardie but i have an odd schedule. will i be able to tame it well if i’m on a “5 day on 5 day off” schedule. For example i will be with it for 5 days in a row then i won’t see it for 5 days in a row. my parents will be caring for it for the days i’m away. Thanks!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
As long as he's getting good care- he will remember who you are- proper lighting in the tank is a MUST along w/ proper basking temps- NO COIL UVB's-- basking temps of 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer a MUST- he will go thru relocation stress so he's eating will be slow but he should not quit eating- I recommend you get a 24" fixture w/ a reflector-- a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb--- they are the best on the market-- I am giving you this info now so you are prepared for your dragon and avoiding issues that would arise while your gone-- your tank can be a 40 gallon now but you will want to upgrade that tank to a 75-120 gallon in a years time-- they do take some time to adjust and settle in working w/ him everyday w/ your hands in the tank will get them used to you along w/ hand feeding worms and greens-- putting a piece of your clothing w/ your smell in his hide will also get him used to you-- approach from side not above he will think your a predator-
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom