Tameable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucasb05

i’m thinking about getting a baby beardie but i have an odd schedule. will i be able to tame it well if i’m on a “5 day on 5 day off” schedule. For example i will be with it for 5 days in a row then i won’t see it for 5 days in a row. my parents will be caring for it for the days i’m away. Thanks!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
As long as he's getting good care- he will remember who you are- proper lighting in the tank is a MUST along w/ proper basking temps- NO COIL UVB's-- basking temps of 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer a MUST- he will go thru relocation stress so he's eating will be slow but he should not quit eating- I recommend you get a 24" fixture w/ a reflector-- a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb--- they are the best on the market-- I am giving you this info now so you are prepared for your dragon and avoiding issues that would arise while your gone-- your tank can be a 40 gallon now but you will want to upgrade that tank to a 75-120 gallon in a years time-- they do take some time to adjust and settle in working w/ him everyday w/ your hands in the tank will get them used to you along w/ hand feeding worms and greens-- putting a piece of your clothing w/ your smell in his hide will also get him used to you-- approach from side not above he will think your a predator-
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom