Beardie ate a piece of candy!

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Beardie ate a piece of candy!

Postby KamiSami » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:04 am

Kinda freaking out right now. My lil cousin smashed his lollipop on the floor when he got mad and my dragon just ate a piece of it. It's yum earth organic pops and the piece he ate was about the size of the nail on your pinky(maybe the same size as a eraser on a pencil). I couldn't get it out of his mouth in time, how worried should I've just been staring at him, no change in behavior yet but I'm really worried rn.
KamiSami
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Beardie ate a piece of candy!

Postby AHBD » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:42 am

Hi there, that should not have any affect at all. It will dissolve in his stomach easily and even if it didn't it's too small to cause any problem. :) How big is your dragon BTW ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby KamiSami » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:47 am

AHBD wrote:Hi there, that should not have any affect at all. It will dissolve in his stomach easily and even if it didn't it's too small to cause any problem. :) How big is your dragon BTW ?

He's a decent sized male, about 10 years old and 13"
KamiSami
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:50 am

Yeah, he'll be fine. :) BTW does he have a tail nip ? At 13" he would be very small for an adult dragon. Unless your guesstimate is off by a few inches.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby KamiSami » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:57 am

AHBD wrote:Yeah, he'll be fine. :) BTW does he have a tail nip ? At 13" he would be very small for an adult dragon. Unless your guesstimate is off by a few inches.

My guesstimate was off. I don't have a ruler but I know my phone is 6.4" and he's about my phone x3 so about *counts fingers* 19"
KamiSami
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:07 am

There you go, that sounds more like it. So yes, he'll be fine. Be sure he''s in the tank most of the day to be warm for digesting food.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER