Smarty Pants Dragon Loves Climbing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, I let Figment have some floor time and he discovered the screen lid to his enclosure. He promptly tasted it, tasted it again, then scaled its 36" up to the shelf it was leaning on and sat there, looking quite smug.

Today, I decided to move the screen lid to where it wouldn't be as easy for Figment to get to (I didn't want him climbing and falling - not all the stuff on my shelves is secure). I put him out for his walkabout, and settled in to do some other things in the room... when I hear the scrabbling sound of dragon claws on wire mesh. Smarty pants dragon had made a beeline to where the screen was today, and scaled it all the way up to the shelf it was resting on! Here's what I saw...

full

"Hah! You think you can keep ME down? Think again!"
full

So I'm thinking that dragons are definitely smarter than some people give them credit for... Figment clearly remembered the screen, went looking for the screen, and replicated yesterday's feat (though climbing onto today's shelf was definitely harder than yesterday, as it was at an angle).

Right now, having been returned to his cage, Figment is now on his highest climbing branch... and I swear I can hear him humming the theme from "The Jeffersons" - I'm moving on up (moovin' on up...) To the top (mooovin' on up)... To a de-luxe apartment in the sky..."

adambeck

Hatchling Member
Love this story! :lol: What a clever dragon! I love that look he gave you after you saw him climb again.
Hoping to hear more stories about Figment and his climbing shenanigans soon :D
Fifa (our bearded dragon) and I say hi! :D

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Figment sends greetings to Fifa! His climbing escapades have been much diminished since we got his Zen and sold his screen-topped 40BR, I’m afraid... though he still manages to get into some odd predicaments! The other day I found him perched on a tall, smooth sided box on a shelf that he couldn’t possibly have climbed - and yet, there he was! Dragon of mystery...

saraho

Hatchling Member
:lol: I love this. Charlie is a jumper. He has no fear. One moment he's sitting calmly on my shoulder, the next he's trying to jump to a desk 10 feet away. He also likes jumping back and forth on the two hammocks in his enclosure, but that's small potatoes. This little dude is channeling Evil Knievel. Figment might be descended from other great mountain climbers. Or based on his most recent feat, one of those guys that scales sheer rock faces.

adambeck

Hatchling Member
ComicBookMama":cils19rm said:
Figment sends greetings to Fifa! His climbing escapades have been much diminished since we got his Zen and sold his screen-topped 40BR, I’m afraid... though he still manages to get into some odd predicaments! The other day I found him perched on a tall, smooth sided box on a shelf that he couldn’t possibly have climbed - and yet, there he was! Dragon of mystery...

That's awesome :lol: Maybe bearded dragons just spread their wings and fly when people aren't looking :lol: Hope Figment doesn't get into too much trouble though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom