Yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOLLAND11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It’s 109 and taking it with a digital probe. For uvb repti sun 10.0. Also today around the area there was pieces fallen off that might have been shed or the cream is drying up.

HOLLAND11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Does it look like it’s going away I just gave her a bath and it seems to have gone to normal except for a little left but I think we are making progress.

This was yesterday-

108701-4786662562.jpg

Today-
108701-446745316.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My guess is that area will eventually start to shed and the skin underneath it will be brightly colored and fresh looking. It doesn't look like yellow fungus from what I can tell by the photos.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No--- use right away-------- the bulb you want to replace w/a better one -- use a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 -- take the plastic cover off the fixture leave it off ---the fixture needs to go inside the tank approx 6-8 inches from basking decor w/ it directly over the decor ------ you can use these to hang the fixture '
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – long plastic zip ties--- potted plant wire hangers - shoe laces -- fishing line
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No the bulb is not strong enough to go thru the screen -- the screen will block 30% of those rays - if you can take the screen off where the UVB is unobstructed you can do that make sure the basking decor is 6-8 inches from the UVB -- I posted some things you can use to hang the fixture w/ ---------and NO plastic cover leave it off
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No the clear plastic cover covering the bulb --- if you change out the bulb leave that cover your taking off to get to the bulb off
Karrie

HOLLAND11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok so would this work we want to just put zip ties around it?
108701-5971387825.jpg
the uvb is inside the mesh.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Zip ties work good --- have one on each end but not so close they slip off --- you will need to change out the bulb in 6 months -- did you get the Reptisun 10.0 bulb?-- they are the best on the market at this time -- make sure you mark your calendar or make a note - T 8 's only last for 6 months
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom