My bearded dragon snuck out of the garden and is lost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mprzy9

On Sunday, my boyfriend, took Harambe to eat in the garden while he weed whacked. He turned his back for a few minutes and he vanished.
I live on the In Beaufort, located on the southern coast of North Carolina. Temperature:low 75 high 91 for today.
We think he climbed through the fence into thick marshy brush.
I’ve put up posters and slipped one into each of my neighbors boxes, contacted Wildlife shelter and animal control. I look for about 20 times a day but the mosquitoes are so bad and I’ve seen a couple of snakes I can’t stay outside longer than 30 minutes. I’ve even had a session with a pet clairvoyant who narrowed down his location but the brush is really thick and swampy.
I thought about using a leaf blower to move some of the brush from the other side of the fence or maybe buying an outside enclosure for my other dragon hoping he’ll come or to defend his territory.
Any thought?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hes close to home and every time you run something loud like a weed whacker or leaf blower your going to scare him --- start combing that fence -- you need to look under everything
Good luck
Karrie

Mprzy9

Original Poster
KarrieRee":fbrkn4zc said:
Hes close to home and every time you run something loud like a weed whacker or leaf blower your going to scare him --- start combing that fence -- you need to look under everything
Good luck
Karrie
Thanks for the advice.

Mprzy9

Original Poster
WinFam01":3rqazsb4 said:
Aw, I don't have any advice but good luck.
I cleared out an entire burn pile of sticks and branches. I’m worried that it might be scaring him further away.
Today is day number six. Im covered in mosquito bites and yesterday I saw a snake.
I think I’m going to just sit outside with my younger male beardie and try lure him out.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hes been gone 6 days now? Have you set his basking lights up and food bowls out --- w/ salads to try and lure him back ? I dont know if you have a patio or what but you can try that--- sometimes they will show up in the mornings in a sunny spot basking - like someones drive way or patio etc.......... have you looked under everything in your yard? Snakes in the yard does not sound good --
Karrie

Mprzy9

Original Poster
KarrieRee":dc9q9y1y said:
Hes been gone 6 days now? Have you set his basking lights up and food bowls out --- w/ salads to try and lure him back ? I dont know if you have a patio or what but you can try that--- sometimes they will show up in the mornings in a sunny spot basking - like someones drive way or patio etc.......... have you looked under everything in your yard? Snakes in the yard does not sound good --
Karrie

We’ve looked under the house and set up a basking bulb but it’s currently 90 degrees F during the day and 77 at night. I have a few containers of worms out and I have one of his boulders in the middle of the yard. We also have cameras set up in the vicinity where he went missing.
I’ve taken my younger Beardie out to look for him. He hates Harambe and seems like he can Sense him even when he is out of sight. There is one spot in the yard that he has consistently bobbed his head for the last 3 days. That’s where I decided to start clearing the woods.
I keep seeing him in my dreams.
I look pretty much all day everyday since we are staying home to avoid Covid19.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Well I hope you find him --- its not safe in the yard if you have snakes
Karrie

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Saying prayers to St. Francis and St. Jude for his safe return... don't give up hope! He is probably off having a Beardie adventure... but I really hope he's found and gets safely home soon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am sorry -- it is not unheard of them just showing back up -- we had one person that their dragon was lost for a year and I think he was in the couch the whole time -- :lol:
Karrie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Okay, you will want to set up his rock along a wall or something because beardies will NOT go into the middle of a field due to their fear of being spotted.

Your beardie might be in a neighbor’s yard or on the pavement somewhere. I’d check the edges of roads, as reptiles use the pavement to bask and absorb heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom