Square or rectangle enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making an enclosure, is square or rectangle shape better? Square would be 56 Width 56 Length, Rectangle would be 70 Width 42 Length. Same height either way. But using a aquarium volume calculator or going by square footage, the gallon size of the square is larger. Even though either way is using the same 16 14x14 wall pieces. So, which is better for my beardie play pen and or enclosure? The square shape, or the rectangle? Please let me know.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your dragon needs floor space -- so what ever measurement is giving floor space go w/ that one- height really isnt a issue except when it come to heating - and I would not use a real low height either like say 12' that is too low - an 18" is better -- that gives you more options
Karrie

MangosMom1

Original Poster
KarrieRee":c1nxq3h6 said:
Your dragon needs floor space -- so what ever measurement is giving floor space go w/ that one- height really isnt a issue except when it come to heating - and I would not use a real low height either like say 12' that is too low - an 18" is better -- that gives you more options
Karrie

I can either have 70x42 floor space, or 56x56 floor face for the bottom level, both have a height of 14 inches. I'm not sure if on is really bigger because both have the same circumference of 112". Is the square shape of the second one okay? I usually only ever see rectangle enclosures, and I'm not sure which is better.

MangosMom1

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2mha1nyu said:
Are the both different levels- like a two story?
Karrie

It is two seperate enclosures. They are both two story, but the second story isn't as large as the bottom story on either of the enclosures. I gave the measurments for just the bottom story on both of them. On both enclosures, the top story is 42x28. Both cages have the same heights on all levels, which is 14 inches, counting both stories it is 28 inches tall. I was thinking about going with the one with the square lower level, but I don't know if that shape is okay for bearded dragons opposed to the rectangle shape.

MangosMom1

Original Poster
MangosMom1":215mb3rk said:
KarrieRee":215mb3rk said:
Are the both different levels- like a two story?
Karrie

It is two seperate enclosures. They are both two story, but the second story isn't as large as the bottom story on either of the enclosures. I gave the measurments for just the bottom story on both of them. On both enclosures, the top story is 42x28. Both cages have the same heights on all levels, which is 14 inches, counting both stories it is 28 inches tall. I was thinking about going with the one with the square lower level, but I don't know if that shape is okay for bearded dragons opposed to the rectangle shape.

Is it possible for one shape to make him feel like he has more room? I'm not good at math, technically the square shape has for square footage and gallons even though they have the same circumference and height! Maybe it's the calculators I'm using?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not good w/ measurements I am more of a visual person - do you have pics of them maybe that would help I see them
Karrie

MangosMom1

Original Poster
KarrieRee":aj9te1l3 said:
I am not good w/ measurements I am more of a visual person - do you have pics of them maybe that would help I see them
Karrie

I don't have pics and can't take any right now. Either way it would have the same amount of walking space, just need to know if a square a rectangle shaped cage is better.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not sure - I think I would go w/ the rectangular
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Make sure you have a UVB that is in the tank - that is important- I don't know how your setting it up but NO COILS-- they are no good you need a long fixture w/ reflector
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom